User Tag List

Thread: Find String in String issues

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find String in String issues

Something which could have easily been overlooked, but I just spotted it, something appears wrong with the string comparison system. Here's what I have:

When a specific item in the frame (one per frame) is collected, the global string "Collected" is set to Collected+":itm"+Str$(frame)+":"

So for example, "Collected" may appear as ":itm1::itm2::itm3:" if the first three have been collected.

Then, it destroys the object when revisiting the frame if Find(Collected, "itm"+Str$(frame)+":", 0) <> -1.

This works on PC and iOS, if the item for that particular frame has been collected, it will not be present when you revisit that frame. However, on Android, the item is always destroyed. Therefore I think that the Java function which corresponds to the Find String in String expression must return a different value to -1 if the string isn't found. Perhaps it returns 0 and that hasn't been changed to -1 for the MMF side?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just copied that expression from the Java runtime - it looks like it does return 0 if the string you're searching for is longer than the string you're searching in, which I've now fixed. Could that have been the problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    longer than the string you're searching in... Actually that would make perfect sense, because to begin with the string is empty, so it will be looking for "itm"+Str$(frame)+":" inside of "" so yeah, it'll be a smaller string than what I'm searching for. But you say you've fixed it?

I'll add + Collected <> "" to the event as a workaround to try and confirm that this is what's causing it. Back after testing!