User Tag List

Thread: Wanted: Cheap or trial version? I'm making my first crappy game w/ purchased mmf2

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted: Cheap or trial version? I'm making my first crappy game w/ purchased mmf2

Hi,

I purchased Multimedia Fusion 2. I'm a novice... but would like to see if my crappy little game actually works correctly if I export it to flash (indeed, I realize most people aren't going to 'install' my crappy game on their computer -- but perhaps they'll play it on their browser via flash). However, I really don't want to spend $70 more dollars just to convert my ONE crappy little game to flash -- particularly since I'm not even sure if it will work 100% correctly (i.e. I have a small video in the game/etc).

Is there a trial version available or some other cost effective solution? Would it be possible for somebody to convert my crappy mmf2 game to flash for me? I just can't see spending $70 for a one-time crappy game I made.

Any info would be enormously appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will save you some time and let you know that if you have a movie clip, it probably won't work in the flash version. The vitalize plug-in is free, right? You can just download that and then your users can play the game online, but I think you'll need them to download the plug in. I haven't actually used it myself.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the users will have to download Vitalize as well.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember there was a free flash exporting version called "Games Factory - newgrounds edition" or so.
    it will allow you to export your game to .swf and upload to newgrounds for free. I wasn't able to find a link right now, however if you google a bit deeper you should be able to find it, or perhaps someone else on the forum has a link to it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWarewolf View Post
    I remember there was a free flash exporting version called "Games Factory - newgrounds edition" or so.
    it will allow you to export your game to .swf and upload to newgrounds for free. I wasn't able to find a link right now, however if you google a bit deeper you should be able to find it, or perhaps someone else on the forum has a link to it.
    I'm pretty sure that offer has expired, and that version doesn't support alpha channels, so I can't imagine it being particularly useful for him.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you VERY much for the info. I would have hated to spend the $70 to export my crappy game, only to discover that the .mpg movie clips in the game wouldn't have worked anyway.

Hmm.... if I was able to export it to 'java', would the .mpg movie clips work then? Right now I have the game saved as a single .exe that works fine.. but understandably, most people are reluctant to load it and/or they have an apple. Therefore.. is there an easy/free way to export the game to java that will work just like the .exe? Thanks again for the info.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it have to be .mpg? videos in online games are akward, i don't think you can include them directly, and you wouldn't want to because of their size. But you could load them from a server, at least in the flash runtime you have the FLV player object for that.

I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzele View Post
    Thank you VERY much for the info. I would have hated to spend the $70 to export my crappy game, only to discover that the .mpg movie clips in the game wouldn't have worked anyway.

Hmm.... if I was able to export it to 'java', would the .mpg movie clips work then? Right now I have the game saved as a single .exe that works fine.. but understandably, most people are reluctant to load it and/or they have an apple. Therefore.. is there an easy/free way to export the game to java that will work just like the .exe? Thanks again for the info.
    I wouldn't use java, it has a few serious security issues right now.