User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have a frame remain as you left it

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a frame remain as you left it

Hi there. How do I create a frame that lets you edit stuff in it (create objects, rearrange stuff, etc), then leave to another frame, then come back, and everything is how you left it? Do I REALLY need to write all the data to an INI file then read it? That just seems absurd.

How is this normally done?

Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite sure what your problem is. Are you talking about a frame that's a level editor? Depending on what you're doing you can have a sub-app (containing the contents of another frame) open in the frame you are currently working in and then close it when you're done. That way you never leave the frame and therefore don't need to save and load anything.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much, yes. But this also applies to other stuff as well, like enemies that stay where they were when you left instead of resetting back to their start position. Sub-apps seem a bit hacky.. any other way to do it?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure this feature doesn't exist. I would think it would consume a lot of memory.

I actually need to do something similar for a game I'm working on. I assumed I would just write temporary array files or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really too bad. Game Maker has this feature, so it's not impossible.

Perhaps an extension could be created.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends how game maker does it. I'm sure an array or ini file wouldn't be too difficult to use..

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there's the save frame position thing in MMF... (in the Storyboard Controls) but all I've heard is that it's super buggy/crashes stuff a lot and I have never gone near it.

Honestly I'll probably save/load with arrays for my game. It's really not that difficult to set up and once it's set up, it works flawlessly and you don't need to really mess with it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Save Frame Position" Sounds cool but it seems to be greyed out on my copy of MMF2. Is there a special condition you have to put it in?

Edit: It's because i'm exporting as SWF. Crud.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really all depends on how large your game is. If it's small enough (5 or so frames that require they save all enemy/item positions/whether or not they've been collected/destroyed/etc., possibly up to 25), then there are ways you could do it without it crashing. If it has 100+ frames, however, it would almost certainly reach the point where it would crash due to taking up way too much RAM (Random Access Memory). Just so you know, you could certainly make it so that there are items that you can only collect once, and bosses that you can only defeat once (if you are making a Metroid-style game, for example). However, again, it really all depends on how big your game is. One more thing: If you want your game to save whether or not the enemies are defeated, you will need to use the INI object, as that is one of the (if not the) only way(s) to save in flash.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've achieved this by making actives into global active objects, and set up Behaviours so that they constantly read their X and Y position and write it into their own Alt Values, and on start frame set their position to those values.
    If you want to make things be visible/invisible etc, depending on player actions, the same can be achieved by just reading a 0/1("true/fale") value in another Alt Value field.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast