User Tag List

Thread: INI initial save and IOS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INI initial save and IOS

I have an INI in my game to save the level the player is on. I have saved it to the first level so when the player presses Play for the 1st time when opening the game, it launches that screen. Then after that it saves with each level and when they go back in the game later it loads the level they are on.

When I build it and load it into Xcode for the first time and hit play, nothing happens. The first level I saved in the INI isn't coming up.

Is there a step I missed?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I was doing a google search on the issue and this came up:

iOS INI files are not working - Clickteam - ARCHIVE FORUMwww.clickteam.com › Forums
    10 posts
    #245765 - 08/25/11 06:09 AM Re: iOS INI files are not working [Re: AndyH] ... Just a reminder - you must manually add your something.ini into xcode resources folder. ... In my case - It seems that MMF was not creating the INI file, so after ...

Since the old forums can't be read anymore (I really wish they could be), I'm wondering if someone can elaborate on that post above in bold.

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure I'm following you. Can you create a really small example file that shows this bug?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bug of the ini needing to be manually added should be fixed in the current beta. Are you sure you named the ini properly in the MMF project. When you load the file, use an expression and type the file name as "filename.ini" (make sure to include the quotes). In the properties for the ini object, make sure the name is typed as filename.ini (NO quotes, just the name).

I found the syntax was what kept messing me up when I ran into this. Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Yes, I did the naming properly. It works fine when testing on the PC, but not when testing in Xcode simulator or my iPod touch the first time.

I'm just changing the menu screen from having play only, to new and load buttons. That way the first time they play they will press new and after playing the first level then load. The INI save function works fine on the IOs device, but not if there is not a "new game" option first...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I ended up doing was making a "Initialize Data" frame that loads before the others and put events there to manually create the ini. That way, you can create the default values and save them to a file. This will make sure the file exists and also make sure it is where the app wants it to be. You should also do a check to make sure the ini has been created, otherwise it will try to make the values default every time you load the app. I do this by having an ini item called "inicreated" and set it to 1 when creating it. Then the code that creates the ini in the first frame should check if that ini value is 1.

Make sense?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do something simular with my game and i dont have an issue.. gotta be something your doing wrong with an event or location or file?