User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Platform Movement Object (PMO) base engine

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi happygreenfrog that sounds good, why dont you make a thread and post it up as you have made changes to make it better im guessing the community would be wanting it and appreciate what you done, id certainly like to look at it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys,
    What a great effort. Thanks very much for sharing what you've put together. I'm learning a few things from this but am confused by several. The foremost of my questions are:

a) How is the moving platform moving and reversing direction? It doesn't look like a premade object and I can't locate any events for it.
    b) For the collision detection, there's both a "PMO: Test for Obstacle Overlap" and a "PlayerDetector: Collides With Background". Could you explain why both of them are needed and what each does in this situation? Also, I've been corrected elsewhere for having 2 "red" conditions together. What makes this OK here and what considerations need to be given to it when using more than one red?
    c) Where can I find some sort of documentation? (I've looked)

Lastly, is there a wiki or great source of documentation for concepts and processes within MMF? The help is severely lacking in explanation for things like order of operations, specifically what gets called and when, and how various objects interact/don't interact together. I've gone through Marv's amazing collection of examples, but they're incredibly specific and not quite what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfisher446 View Post
    Guys,
    What a great effort. Thanks very much for sharing what you've put together. I'm learning a few things from this but am confused by several. The foremost of my questions are:

a) How is the moving platform moving and reversing direction? It doesn't look like a premade object and I can't locate any events for it.
    b) For the collision detection, there's both a "PMO: Test for Obstacle Overlap" and a "PlayerDetector: Collides With Background". Could you explain why both of them are needed and what each does in this situation? Also, I've been corrected elsewhere for having 2 "red" conditions together. What makes this OK here and what considerations need to be given to it when using more than one red?
    c) Where can I find some sort of documentation? (I've looked)

Lastly, is there a wiki or great source of documentation for concepts and processes within MMF? The help is severely lacking in explanation for things like order of operations, specifically what gets called and when, and how various objects interact/don't interact together. I've gone through Marv's amazing collection of examples, but they're incredibly specific and not quite what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!
    To answer b), it is a work-around so that the object can detect collisions. Without using both, it won't work. Also, it is testing to see if it is OVERLAPPING the other object/the background, and that isn't a red condition.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is realy cool guys
    Good work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salamanderpants View Post
    Hi jfisher446

You're welcome. A big thanks to highjack24 for getting this started. To answer your questions:

a) The code for the moving platforms is under the "Jump Through Platform" group
    b) I personally don't know why exactly (sorry); this is just the way the PMO works.
    c) You can find a good tutorial for the PMO here

As for your final question, I believe that there used to be a MMF wiki, but no, AFAIK, currently there is not :-( Perhaps the tutorials here might be helpful, and remember you are always welcome to request assistance here.
    The manual for the PMO actually explains b), if I remember correctly. It is basically the same explanation that I have already given you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. I made this engine a few years back and released it to the public. It might be kind of a mess but it works ok. I used it to make this fan flash game http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/560705. Anyone can feel free to use it for whatever.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...engin%2014.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've downloaded the most recent version of the file, but it uses the "Ultimate Fullscreen" object, which I do not have. I looked around on the internet, but I couldn't find a download for the object, and I think the original website it's from is broken, out of order, or abandoned because it's just a white screen every time I hop on. I was wondering if somebody could possibly send me the object or point me in the direction to where I can get it? I would really love to look at this engine!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know for MMF2, but you can get in the Extension Manager in CF2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a look in the extension manager and I couldn't find it. I googled the CTF version of it and got just about the same results.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since the last reply was in December of 2015, I thought I'd ask a question. How do you make the moving platform go faster?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast