Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Platform Movement Object (PMO) base engine

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Platform Movement Object (PMO) base engine

hello all, i thought id have a mess about with the Platform Movement Object to see if we could all make a base engine with lots of things ready made into it, so here's what i got so far

Move left and right
    Jump and Double Jump
    Glide or fly if you mess with it a little more
    Springs
    Scrolling Camera
    Water
    Animations (not many you can add more just look at the code easy)

now if everyone adds something to this, then repost the MFA with what's been added, that way anyone can just use the MFA that has the most moves they are wanting to use or not.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks salamanderpants for contributing them couple of things

ok iv added some more things and corrected some problems that were in the first two versions

iv added

* left and right conveyor belts
    * moving platforms
    * enemy AI
    controls are

Key A for left
    Key D for right
    key W for swimming up to get out of water
    key spacebar to jump/ double jump and hold it to glide
    Key Esc to quit out of the program

also iv not been able to figure out how to get the player to contact with slopes better, he moves up and down them no problem, but it looks like you to high above the ground on slopes, so if any one can make it look better feel free to join in.
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that nice and neat how you did that i like it SP, i hadn't spotted the animation walking glitch, as i had always pressed jump when i was close to something, so had never tried to walk into something yet hope all this work is used by people, especially as there's very little in the way of PMO stuff about, wonder what i should add to it next, maybe some weapons and or guns, will have to think as its got to be general things so people can use it as a base engine to make many scrolling games.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just wondering, but are all of these open-source? And can they be used for commercial purposes?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is awesome. We should start a few of these up for other engine types as well (RPG, Puzzle, etc.)

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Wow, this is awesome. We should start a few of these up for other engine types as well (RPG, Puzzle, etc.)
    I tried with RPG. Everyone turned into wimps (went off radar, disappeared, made excuses, became ill, too busy and etc). Someone even had the nerve to comment on the place holder graphics.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    Someone even had the nerve to comment on the place holder graphics.

Marv
    ouch! that's low! lol

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salamanderpants View Post
    Yes, this is open source.
    yep im with SP on this its open source use as you wish, we need lots of engines like these as it would make multimedia fusion allot easier for beginners and these can also be used if you know what your doing as well, i think it will help get them noticed more as its the best for 2d games, much easier to look at than other game makers, its just missing the right info for people to use it properly, maybe even the clickteam could make some engines or other little bits that they see could be useful i mean its in there benefit too, nuff of that anyways as iv not added anything to this engine in the last week as i crashed my car pritty bad, but now im back on me feet im going to put some weapons in this engine, then it needs a built in start menu and a finish and scores stuff so its kind of a complete template for platform games.

also nivram when iv got this engine finished i will look into rpg engine and see whats needs as a base engine that people can easily adapt, although iv never played a rpg so il have to look it up first but cant be that hard, after all its the content that's the hard bit, so a engine should be not to bad to setup, then people can get creative and layer there content in

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a real-time strategy game engine on here somewhere that I've downloaded. It was called the "Arcane Engine", if I remember correctly. I've actually ported it to HWA (the fog-of-war doesn't work right in HWA, at least, it doesn't on my computer, so I had to fix that). I've also made some other optimizations for it, via the ForEach object instead of fastloops (when possible). Anyway, there have been engines on here before this one was made, FYI.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that engine. Nice indeed.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast