User Tag List

Thread: Buy reviews for you app? this is a good one?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Buy reviews for you app? this is a good one?

Hello again my friends,

I've received some emails from some companies that offer the service of leave 50 original reviews with 5 stars in my game for 150USD.

Someone know about this? good points? bad points?

Best regards!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they're saying that each review is worth $3.00? In my opinion, that's not worth it. Say your app sells for $0.99, you get $0.70 per sale. You'd need more than four sales per 5-star review in order to make any profit.

Besides, no matter how many 5-star reviews your app has, it still needs some sort of decent marketing to get exposure (unless you're lucky enough to be featured by Apple), and in turn, downloads. And if you do have a decent marketing strategy, your app should essentially sell itself if it's a good app.

If it was me and my money, there's no way I'd do this - I'd spend the $150 on marketing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm ,well I think it sounds interesting, I spend more money on marketing which broug me nothing in return.
    If you ask me, I would say try it! Love to know which company this is?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My app it's free and my first objective it's to gain national fame.

http://www.chartlock.com/

and http://promoarrow.com/ (good design site)

And, for sure, I don't doubt that large companies do it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't doubt that it happens but I'm not a fan of fake ratings. The bottom line is if your app is good enough then good ratings will come anyway.

I'd spend any budget you have for marketing on trying to reach the target audience of your app/game instead of making it look like you already have an audience. Look for a popular relevant review site and see if they'll review it for you. A genuine review from a respected site is much more valuable than fake ratings imo.

And as soon as you put any release out there you will get dozens of offers like these from marketing companies. Some may be good deals, but most of them will just be after your money in exchange for what amounts to very little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply my friend.

I agree with you..maybe it's better to spend my cash in marketing.

I want to put a facebook ad that shows on facebook mobile app.....reading about this, I read that I need to install the facebook SDK in my app first, then create my campaign and associate with my app, can someone comfirm this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to use the Facebook SDK first, but if you want to track stats on who downloaded you will need it to do a callback. Also you have to create a page for your app. Disadvantage is you cannot target groups like you can with normal ads though it will only go to iOS users for example of iOS apps. It's also rather expensive with the cost often outpricing the the return on a sale or consuming as much as 70%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the informations Keith! I've got it!