User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight - lighter way to accomplish?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flashlight - lighter way to accomplish?

Hey guys!

First, sorry. I have created few threads in past few days. Almost feels like I'm asking here too much. Not about this topic thou.
    However, it also feels like starting is hardest. Learning the software etc. So all the support for newcomers is absolutley priceless!

So anyway, as a horror gaming fan it's my long time dream to create something of my own. Past days I have been trying to figure what I could accomplish with this software, and I'm starting to build a good picture about that.
    My strenght lies (as I believe) in graphics, audio and overall atmosphere. Coding is my weak point, but this software is making this possible!
    Ah I'm yabbering again.. sorry!

So, flashlight and other sources of light is extremely important to me. I was able to create a flashlight by applying black layer to my frame. So it's all dark. And another black layer in which I have brushed hole in the middle, and blending it to blackness. And upon pressing key I could switch these two layers. It works quite well and looks good too.
    Problem is that dragging big, 2000x800 .png file around seems quite heavy (file is around 380kb, so I think it should be smoother?). There's small lag when moving with this method. If I take my "flashlight" away, it works smoothly.

So do you think there is a way to accomplish something similiar, but in lighter manner?

Cheers!

- Jesse

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try shifting the Application properties from Standard Display Mode to 3D 9 and see if that helps.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow can't believe how smooth it is now! That was easily my biggest headic.
    Thanks nivram!

Little off topic. But will this prevent exporting for android later on?
    Also, if I had 1280x720, would it scale for portable devices, I have heard there is full screen extension.

But anyway, thank you really much once more.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a full screen extension called Ultimate Full Screen, but it is not ported for portable devices.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The iOS runtime has its own scaling (in other words, stretching the game to fit the screen) options, so you shouldn't need to use an extension to get it done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okey, so using Direct 9 should still work with android?
    Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you. If someone from Clickteam is fine with it, however, then I'll tell you (unless the person from Clickteam who is fine with it (if there is one) beats me to it).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Android runtime is OpenGL based not Direct3D. Everything will work as it should but layer effects, shader effects and frame effects won't work. I'll let you know in advance you may struggle with that huge alpha-channeled image, however time will tell when you come to it.

If push comes to shove and you need to achieve a certain effect there will always be an alternative method to approach.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah sorry guys, did not think it that way before.

But aye, thanks for great answers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I just figured that using this method I can only have one source of light at time.

It would be awesome if I could somehow substract alpha png files from whole black layer. That way I could use many lights at the same time. Is there a way to do this?
    Tried with my alpha png -> substract but it did nothing.

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast