User Tag List

Thread: step by step tutorial for using iOS Export?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

step by step tutorial for using iOS Export?

Ive tried searching the forms and I've read the stickies for iOS, but I'm completely lost. I have mmf dev and iOS exporter. I have exported as XCODE, and opened it up inside of xcode on the mac, but I have no idea what I should do next.

http://www.clickteam.com/website/world/ios-docs/iOS2.pdf

I'm stuck at where it says, for the first build, choose simulator. I don't seem to have that as an option. If i go into XCODE, the only place that i see build is under Product, and that is Build For, with options for running, testing profiling, archiving.

I'm new to the mac, and the only reason i purchased this was for compiling from mmf. Is there anything a bit more graphical so that i can more easily try to get this thing into a simulator. After that, I'll purchase the dev acct for $99, but first i want to get a bit of practice on what i'm doing here.

thanks,
    rubes

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    http://soulwithmobiletechnology.blog...uild-with.html

I haven't built a project in xcode in awhile so hopefully this is still similar.
    If you just google for some xcode building info/tutorials/walkthrus you should be able to find some resources.
    Of course its not MMF specific but by the time you get over to the MAC its basically an XCODE project and the process is the same however the xcode was made.

The most confusing part for me was getting all the certificates and provisioning profiles figured out - You do this online at the Apple Developers website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jeff, just looking at the pics, this is very different than the Xcode screen I'm looking at, which basically just shows the Xcode program, though the menu says Xcode. I'll see what I can figure out...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That is one of the confusing things about xcode... Apple seems to change it all the time.
    Or maybe I just forget it all inbetween the rare times I go compile something on it.

There "should" be some info on Apples website with some step by steps but you might need to pay the $99 first.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the top left corner of the Xcode window you should see two buttons (play and stop icon) and next to them the name of your project. When you click on the project name, a list of simulators should appear and also a "More simulators" option which is used to install additional ones. No need to use the build option, just select a simulator and use these buttons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joka, i'll give that a whirl tonight