User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: News related to 3d objects in frame?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the number of characters I want to load, it just isn't going to happen. I'd be looking at over 50mb of images and trying to load a lot of that externally just creates a massive load time in the game. So not really a great solution unfortunately.

I will just go ahead and say that I know about the 3D stuff they are working on and it's not what I need. Again it's limited to drawing all 3D objects on one layer per extension object. Meaning the only way I can get a dozen animated 3D meshes on screen is to either have them all be in one layer (which means I can't have 2D environments being drawn in front of or behind them simultaneously), or have them in individual layers (as separate extension objects) and that kills performance.

So yeah, as I was saying, there is no 3D extension that can behave like an Active object only with 3D meshes/in-game renders of 3D meshes. There won't be one any time soon from the looks of it.

Now if you just want to have a 3D game, then by all means, this might be fine. But I want 2D environment with 3D animated meshes, and it just isn't happening.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Konidias I feel your pain, one of my projects last year I had to render out ~50 animations, then split the PNGs into manual boxes then import box mode animations via MMF2. It was doable and tbh I experienced no heavy filesizes like you mentioned however it would be super cool if we had some kind of extension or plugin that could record macro's so we could just click on a model file and it automatically render the 2D output for us.

Who knows, maybe MMF3 may feature something like this... Until then I think the manual way is the only way to go. If it was for a commercially-viable project then it would be worth hunting around online for someone who has the time to export all your animations and just pay them per model to export and box up so you can readily import into to MMF2 at will.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda disappointing I mean, AO limited to only 32 directions is just not enough and rotating by angle has few issues (mainly quality, hot spots..). Also for top-down, there is just this..

PS: Is MooSock working from Java or other exports?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Danny, the problem with my situation is that each sprite is a 128x128 png with alpha, and I wanted to do a clothing layers system which means I would have a base nude character and then have armor and weapons and stuff laying on top in separate layers. The result would have been thousands and thousands of individual images. I actually tried doing it that way just for the heck of it, and I was experiencing 20 second load times... which I guess is acceptable but the issue was still the nightmare of having to render out all those frames and import them. Especially since MMF can't handle importing sprite sheets with alpha using box mode. I had to sequence each individual image and import the sequences... one by one... for 8 directions... per dozen animations... per layer. It would take an hour just to add one new hat to the game. Plus don't get me started on if I needed to edit an already imported image... I would have to edit and re-render everything and then re-import one by one again. What a nightmare.

The main reason I wanted to use 3D meshes was for how fast the creation time is for new stuff... Like if I already have a 3D mesh, I can quickly model and texture a new piece of armor for it, and then just load that mesh directly in the game... it would have been amazing. But having to save out all the images to 2D and then import them manually just totally screwed that idea.

The only way I could make my game work is to limit everything drastically... so there would basically be 4 directions instead of 8, and no real customization for characters. I just don't find that acceptable for an online game... I mean they are all about customization, so it was just a project killer for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2