User Tag List

Thread: Getting a flash game sponsored

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Getting a flash game sponsored

Does anybody have any experience with this kind of thing? Right now I have my sights set on something like Armor Games, where they say they can sponsor you for a flat payment.

On their FAQ it says they pay anywhere from 1,000 to over 6,000 dollars.

I'm guessing you won't get a lot unless your game is really amazing but I'd like to know what to expect for a relatively simple yet solid and fun game.

I've seen some games on their site that even though they're fun, are pretty technically simple and carry the armorgames logo, so I'm assuming they've been paid.

Anybody have any insight they could share with me?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Armorgames is sponsor-only, so the only games they have on their site are sponsored. I suggest signing up http://fgl.com/ which is basically an auction site for flash games — you put yours up and sponsors will bid on how much they'd be willing to sponsor it for. There is also a chat on the site you can pop in to ask questions. It isn't the most professional of chatrooms, but there are always people there and we are willing to answer any questions you may have.

EDIT: I also do not suggest contacting Armorgames directly for your first flash game. Dan (the guy who runs it) is quite keen on getting games for cheap so if you don't have any experience in negotiating with sponsors, you'll quite likely be undersold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Armorgames is sponsor-only, so the only games they have on their site are sponsored. I suggest signing up http://fgl.com/ which is basically an auction site for flash games — you put yours up and sponsors will bid on how much they'd be willing to sponsor it for. There is also a chat on the site you can pop in to ask questions. It isn't the most professional of chatrooms, but there are always people there and we are willing to answer any questions you may have.

EDIT: I also do not suggest contacting Armorgames directly for your first flash game. Dan (the guy who runs it) is quite keen on getting games for cheap so if you don't have any experience in negotiating with sponsors, you'll quite likely be undersold.
    Hey, thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

Any idea how much money can be made through sponsorship? I've seen some pretty simple games get a sponsorship and am trying to get a feel for what I should be trying to do. I don't want to put a ton of effort into a game and have it just flop. I'll check out FGL and see what that's all about.
    Do they have a place that would help with that kind of info?

Thanks again for the feedback

Heh, and yeah I was kind of worried about going directly to a site in case I got undercutted or something. Thanks for that :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the average game you can make a few hundred. For a decent game you can make a few thousand. For an excellent game you can make tens of thousands. FGL is the site you want to go, since it's the main central area on the internet for flash game sponsorships.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea what might classify as a decent game? Am I going to need professional grade music and animation and all that jazz?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can play the game and say "The developer knew what he was doing when he made this." then it almost definitely went for at least a few thousand. I don't play many and the ones I'm familiar with are in development still so I can't provide many good examples, but games like This is the only level and Qoosh have done quite well in that range. Dillo Hills and Renegade Racing are both in the tens of thousands of dollars range.

Honestly, if you really wanna rake in the cash for low investment you have to make superhero cartoon games. Ben 10 games seem to be the most popular at the moment, and even startup portals thrive simply on those. Of course, it's copyright infringement and you can't legitimately make games like that, but those are the ones that sell.