User Tag List

Thread: Consistent Crash On Failed Internet Access With iOS Store Object

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consistent Crash On Failed Internet Access With iOS Store Object

This has been mentioned in some other threads but it hasn't really been addressed and I think it deserves its own thread:

If you don't have internet access, the iOS Store object crashes when trying to get its info ("Request information for..."). I've made a sample project, see link below, but before you create the Xcode project you'll need to set the bundle identifier to a game of yours that has an IAP, and you'll need to set the IAP name for the request (line 1) and response (line 2) in both frames.

http://www.flickerscope.com/webstuff...netTest_01.zip (5mb)

Once the app is on your device, set it to airplane mode (making sure that WiFi is off too) and run the app. In frame 1, when you click on the Request Info button you'll crash. In frame 2, you'll crash right away, because the request is made at the start of the frame.

I'm aware of the work-around using the Get object (Get.mfx) to test the connection but I don't want to risk Apple not liking that I'm making an internet call like that (mine is calling Apple.com, because I know it'll always be there and can handle the traffic*). Also, (selfishly, I admit) I'd like to keep my events as simple as possible.

Fred

PS: What I have NOT had time to do yet is check to see if the other iOS Store calls cause the crash too. For example, whether attempting a payment or restore transaction will do it. If anyone gets a chance, that might be helpful to know.
    * Anyone have an alternate site suggestion?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwtep View Post
    Anyone have an alternate site suggestion?
    Google.com? But I might just use Apple.com like you. I'm using the Get object method for the time being and it works okay. Hopefully Clickteam will implement Apple's reachability routine soon.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Google.com? But I might just use Apple.com like you. I'm using the Get object method for the time being and it works okay. Hopefully Clickteam will implement Apple's reachability routine soon.
    If "Request information" didn't crash I wouldn't really need a reachability routine. For me, the Request would either return an answer or I'd let it be pending for a few seconds then time it out.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree with you. I have experienced the crash and it is very bad for the user experience. I don't see why Apple would get angry if your app tries to reach their server. Especially if you only do it once every time a user wants to access your store.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will see what I can do to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that would be awesome.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on a fix for this? Same issue happens here...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, same issue here too. It doesn't exit the app, it just stalls and you can't close it.