User Tag List

Thread: Counter updating issue or code issue?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Counter updating issue or code issue?

Hi, I'm sure that you've all seen games like this. So I figure I would recreate my own version, but I'm having an issue with the counter updating to the correct amount of objects that are being destroyed. When you run the game you click the left mouse button to create an explosion. The explosion happens, then if an object collides or overlaps the explosion it's destroyed and adds one to a counter or more if more than one object is destroyed.. There are 10 objects on the screen. Sometimes the counter updates correctly, but sometimes it doesn't. Try to destroy 3 objects only. The counter will read 4 and then try to destroy only one more,..the counter will read 3 and then if you destroy only one more the counter will read 5. Really strange! You will have to run this more than one time for this to happen. Press spacebar to restart. Try to destroy more than 1 object when you click and then look at the counter and count how many objects are left on the play field and compare it to the counter number. Like I said, It usually happens when 3 or more are destroyed at once or close to that. I can't continue with the game as this counter needs to be correct every time. Do I need to code this differently? I tried all different methods with no luck. I sent it to the clickteam, but I didn't understand what they wanted me to do with it. If at all possible, can someone fix this mfa and post it here. I've been trying for over a week to get this to work and had no luck!
    Thank you very much for looking at this.

John
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its no bug, you have replaced numbers 3 and 4 in your counter images.

And by the way if you wish a counter to be different color rather than coloring the images, change it to text then you can change color and font easily on the text tab.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you kidding me!,,,LOL!! Thank you for finding that.
    Ok,.I fixed that and have no idea how that happened, BUT, if you fix the counter or replace it with a new one, it still happens and doesn't update correctly every time. The issue is still there.

EDIT: I've updated the file above with a different counter with the right numbers!...LMAO!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, that's embarrassing... (don't worry Klik-IT, we've all been there)
    And very good spot, Skyhunter - little things like that tend to be really hard to spot.

EDIT: Anyway, here's an improved version: http://sdrv.ms/XyKEou

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes you are destroying the objects wrongly, instead of only one action when event loops it needs to be pick one at random instead.

Here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962632/Pu...g%20Issue2.mfa

Ah MuddyMole beat me to it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both work great. Thank you. Since I fixed the counter,.It also works by adding to line #3,.explosion is overlapping object OR object collides with explosion. Skyhunter thank you for spotting that oops with the counter graphics. I'm glad that this is sorted and is working as it should now. Thanks again guys!