User Tag List

Thread: Sentence by sentence or line by line movement in Rich Text object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sentence by sentence or line by line movement in Rich Text object?

Is it possible to navigate or select text on a word by word, sentence by sentence or line by line basis with the Rich Text object? I have no idea. My big discovery this week was NewLine$, so I've clearly got some learning to do.

Edit: I may have found a way but I need to test it. I'll post results.

Edit 2: This has raised a second question, which I'll post here instead of spamming the board. Is it at all possible to save the rtf file with a filename based off an equation (which extracts text from either the rtf, a string, etc.)? I can't seem to make it work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here i made you a quick example how to save load using expression: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14962632/Public1/RTF.mfa

For selecting text word by word or line by line, check out string parser.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for be so willing to help. Here's an example. I stripped it a little to get rid of some weird extensions.

test save.mfa

The premise is, load the program, type, hit escape, go down to save and hit enter, type save name, press enter to save. I want it to save the file based off the name typed in (the "Save Dialogue" Rich Text Object). Right now I have a different expression in there than you mentioned, but even basing it off your expression, it didn't seem to work. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a problem with rtf, you cant save by key enter, since thats the same key to edit the text and it probably causes some confusion, if you change it to for instance F9 it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skyhunter, thanks so much. So that's what it is? I had no idea! Now I have to try and get creative and figure a way for that enter key to work. I'm gonna mess around with this a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is more difficult than I anticipated. Any ideas on how enter can still work after typing the file name? Surely this is something that people have worked into their programs in the past. I've tried various text objects but I need to be sure I use one with text that I can format via the event editor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should work fine with editbox instead of rtf for the savebox.