User Tag List

Thread: [Beta 36 / Xbox] Crash when using INI objects

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Beta 36 / Xbox] Crash when using INI objects

I've been going back to some xbox projects recently. There appears to be a bug which I believe wasn't there last time I used it.

When using an ini in a frame to save/load, If the player signs out then the game crashes when you change frame.

It used to be only writing to and from the ini which caused this crash, so it was possible to check if the player was signed in before doing any ini operations. Now what appears to be happening is the game tries to save the ini changes to file when the frame is changed or the ini object is destroyed (like the iOS runtime). This isn't ideal for Xbox, as a player can sign out at any time, so when the frame ends it can cause a crash if the player has signed out.

Also, if you have a ini in a frame before the player(s) are signed in, the game will crash because the ini is trying to write something immediately for some reason, so it's trying to open a storage selector (if you have a memory card) at the same time as the sign-in selector which causes a crash.

I've attached an example mfa, follow the instructions within to replicate the crashes.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to find a work around by calling the sign in window before the frame changes, but every time the storage selector is trying to open for some reason? Resulting in a crash because the player isn't signed in.

Very odd. I think we will have to revert to an old beta to submit to XBLIG for now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wrong about this not being a problem in the old betas, I just went back and tested. It would be great to get it sorted though

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Odd. One of the fixes for Beta 34/35 was an INI fix I needed which did the opposite to what's happening for you Cole. My problem was just that, INI causing issues with player switching, I released IGX with Beta 36 and it appeared fine.

I've got it down anyway, will test tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is really confusing me, the problem I wrote about in post #2 is gone (maybe my exporter version was messed up and a reinstall fixed it). So I have been able to work around the problem by forcing the player to be signed in before a frame change. It's not really ideal, but it should at least not lead to any fails which is fine for now.

But the main problem of changing the frame when the player is signed out still persists for me.