User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 3D FPS in MMF2 - Should I keep going? (OpenGL)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh whoops sorry, that part was meant for LavaFlaminG6 in relation to the basic FPS game he posted recently.
    ( I will use another file sever next time frog )
    Once renderings in illl upload it and everyone can take a copy Ofcoarse. Good night all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, okay. I can still make a test game if you want, once you have rendering implemented. Even if it can only render cubes, it will still be a good start...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any more progress on the engine, Nerv?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still working on the engine, Nerv?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, since Nerv appears to have vanished off the face of the earth (yeah, I'm exaggerating,) could someone else take up the job of finishing his engine? Or at least taking up the job of adding some simple cube rendering, so that it's usable?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created an example using mode7ex and viewpoint to give the illusion of mode7ex using higher resolution with minimal noticeable frame loss.

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/85645-Improved-Mode7ex-Example

Enjoy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D FPS in MMF2 - Should I keep going? (OpenGL)

To be perfectly honest, once you start doing full 3D in MMF, you're actually making things more difficult than they would be in using a 3D development environment. Using Unity with a visual coding plugin like PlayMaker would actually work out a lot better for you. Doing this kind of thing with MMF adds a whole tonne of unnecessary extra steps and "cheating", if you want to get into 3D dev I'd say just learn some 3D software.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree 100%.

Someone actually posted this: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/81167-Any-good-MMF2-tutorials-for-3D?p=622351&viewfull=1#post622351
    ...as an example of how "MMF2 is entirely capable of 3D" - ignoring two key points:
    1.) It's incredibly basic (would already have looked woefully outdated twenty years ago - low resolution, no lighting effects, no particle effects, no fancy physics, etc).
    2.) It's all coded using Lua anyway, which defeats the purpose of using MMF2.

If you're going to make a 3d game, and you don't mind using a scripting language (it's not like Lua or Javascript will take more than a week to learn anyway), why not use something like Unity, which is far more powerful?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D FPS in MMF2 - Should I keep going? (OpenGL)

You're bang on, MuddyMole! 3D in MMF is making a crazy amount of extra work for a much less impressive (and much less efficient) result. Are people really THAT code-phobic? Or just so tied down to what they know? And like you say, if you're even going to use LUA code then you might as well get some C#, JavaScript or Boo experience and go for Unity anyways, and if you're super code-phobic, PlayMaker can apparently do most of Unity's work without any code.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muddy mole, for a person like me i would suck totally trying C++ , unity , or scripting. ( I wouldnt be close if it wasnt for mmf2 ) At least Min created an extension (opengl) where 3d is possible (even 4 a person like me)
    without scripting/coding knowledge. I have created to date a 3d engine with good graphics (3d model that is, thx to min's opengl extension)And also, I have seen Lighting effects ( open gl lighting advance object )
    I will post Examples including 1 of mine :

Lighting with 3d model engine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IA...YeHuemiI2SQNuw

Possible 3d engines:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJL2...YeHuemiI2SQNuw

And my engine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyGceQnYWdk&list

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast