User Tag List

Thread: Movement switching problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Movement switching problem

In my game I have encountered a minute yet fairly annoying problem/bug that's pretty easy to work around but nevertheless, I fee it would be best to find a better way. Said problem occurs whenever my player character would use an ability that rockets him either left or right via a very fast path movement. At the end of the path he would return to the platform movement falling. However the problem occurs usually if he hits something (like say a platform or building) wherein as of now all he does is simply stop the path movement, stuck to the object until his animaton finishes (and if its interrupted he's stuck there forever). The preferable situation I had in mind was for him to return to his platforming movement preventing such game breaking glitches from possibly occurring. However once I tried to program such a condition in the game, it locked up and crashed whenever he hit such objects, everytime, without fail. Is there a way to circumvent this annoying technicality that anyone knows of or any theories on how to do so because I'm drawing a blank. All help is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One solution would be to use something other than a path movement to achieve the same desired outcome. It doesn't really sound like a path movement is necessary.

I don't know why it'd crash in the first place though. If you can isolate the problem and post the .mfa I'm sure someone can help you get around the crashing problem. It sounds like it's probably caused by the events you're using and the not the movement types themselves.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a mock-up of the problem. To execute the move Hold either left or right and press control and enter at the same time.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at the file and don't know why it's crashing. You would definitely be better off using a different method to boost though since you just want to move straight sideways anyway. The path movement is better suited for moving along a path with direction changes and whatnot.

I would personally like to know why it's crashing too however. Maybe there is an issue with one of those movements. I've simplified your example quite a bit more for others to take a look at.

Mach Test Problem

If anyone knows what is causing this, please post!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing movement obviusly causes this, if you stop the movement first and then change it doesnt crash.

Also for the original example, bounce doesnt work with path movement.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you kindly post the fixed version then?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use Movement> stop before other actions in the collision event.