User Tag List

Thread: Newgrounds Save Files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newgrounds Save Files

I wish to know if it's possible to use the Save Games feature of Newgrounds with the mmf2 newgrounds extension. If yes, how can I do it? I've tried to set numeric and string variables on the newgrounds extension, but it doesn't seem to work, and I don't know the right procedure for that. Could someone lighten me up?

Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistus View Post
    I wish to know if it's possible to use the Save Games feature of Newgrounds with the mmf2 newgrounds extension. If yes, how can I do it? I've tried to set numeric and string variables on the newgrounds extension, but it doesn't seem to work, and I don't know the right procedure for that. Could someone lighten me up?

Thanks.
    The Newgrounds API is not currently working.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you sure? I was able to use medals and ads. Not savegame though...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you sure? I was able to use medals and ads. Not savegame though...
    Unless I missed something, I'm really very sure. You may be able to get some of the things to work, but I personally was never able to get the ads to work. The API is not current, so if you can't get something to work, it's most likely because of that.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    Unless I missed something, I'm really very sure. You may be able to get some of the things to work, but I personally was never able to get the ads to work. The API is not current, so if you can't get something to work, it's most likely because of that.
    I made a simple quiz game using the newgrounds extension. As you can see the ads are loading well, I've even earn a few bucks on newgrounds with this game.
    http://nostalsoft.com/coguquiz-en/

Medals and Scoreboards are working just fine too. perhaps only the save game feature isn't working? Does anyone has an answer for that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shocked that the ads are working. Whenever I tried to get them to load, the loading text would just spin. I wonder if I was using a conflicting extension or if I was doing something wrong.

I think the Newgrounds API hasn't been updated in two-three years or so, unless there was an update that I wasn't aware of... I can't believe nobody said anything when I complained that the ads weren't working! >( I'm mad now.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    I'm shocked that the ads are working. Whenever I tried to get them to load, the loading text would just spin. I wonder if I was using a conflicting extension or if I was doing something wrong.

I think the Newgrounds API hasn't been updated in two-three years or so, unless there was an update that I wasn't aware of... I can't believe nobody said anything when I complained that the ads weren't working! >( I'm mad now.
    I had quite a difficult time making the ads work. but fortunately, I was able to make they run smoothly. I don't get much help with this extension, I guess it's kind of abandoned, but I still can make all of his functions work, except for the save game feature. I look forward for a sponsoring from newgrounds for my next game, if that extension doesn't work well, I will be probably making a new newgrounds extension from scratch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had quite a difficult time making the ads work. but fortunately, I was able to make they run smoothly. I don't get much help with this extension, I guess it's kind of abandoned, but I still can make all of his functions work, except for the save game feature. I look forward for a sponsoring from newgrounds for my next game, if that extension doesn't work well, I will be probably making a new newgrounds extension from scratch.
    I would be happy to start a small kickstarter for your efforts! Just let me know how much.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you make an updated Newgrounds extension, please send me a PM. I am interested. Thanks a lot.