User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: OUYA

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound like a ridiculous system no wonder a lot of games have performance issues...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    It's at least partially the OUYA. It's a pretty terrible system. It takes your game, scales it up to 1080p (which we already know struggles with Android, particularly for non-smooth upscaling), then back down to whatever the TV's resolution is. That's just one of many crazy design decisions I've observed about the console...
    I wonder what happens when you design your games at 1080p. Maybe it isn't nearly as bad when you do it that way...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
    It's at least partially the OUYA. It's a pretty terrible system. It takes your game, scales it up to 1080p (which we already know struggles with Android, particularly for non-smooth upscaling), then back down to whatever the TV's resolution is. That's just one of many crazy design decisions I've observed about the console...
    up to 1080 and then down again? seems so silly for something which lacks a lot of power as it is. It must be a key reason for performance issues.

What sort of android performance does mmf give when on say a galaxy S 2? it's similar in geekbench power to the ouya but with a fixed lower resolution.

I will say though that with today's ouya system update aimed at fixing some bugs, performance on my game has improved a 'tiny' amount, might just be placebo or me being tired.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update on IAP - in their quest to make it as difficult as possible to develop for the OUYA, the OUYA guys expect developers to complete and sign a tax declaration form before they'll allow testing anything IAP (even with zero value items.) So I'm held up on getting that validated before I can test what I've written so far.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James, have estimated when a next exporter beta will be? And you have more or less a summary of things will be to optimize?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot point to anything higher than 3.2 inside MMF. Even with API 14 installed and JDK 6.
    Can anyone see and build for 4.1 in MMF?

Koji> I have come to the same conclusion OpenGL 1.1 is faster, not much but measureable. I am testing it in a shooter with 200 objects, when using OpenGL 1.1 I get 40 frames, and in OpenGL 1.1 about 35. At around 150 objects the FSP is a steady 50 for both OpenGL settings. All objects have transparency. Ink effect for all objects set to Add vs None, has no effect on performance.
    This is a game running 1920x1080. In gonna do some test in lover res, and see if there is a difference between stretch to fill and fit inside window.

I also found V-Sync not to be the best option, but it depends on the game.

Runtime Option FPS is set to 60. I had god results setting time based movement for the frame to 80, but that might be because the game just felt better at a higher speed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1280x720 runs about 5-10 FPS faster than 1080p, more 10 than 5.

This is cool:
    I took a 256x256 active object with 250 frames of animation on it. Put it at a top layer, stretched it to fill the screen and sat the ink effect to add. Hardly any if no dip in framerate at all. That is awesome

I also took a 1280x720 background image and did the same thing. This affected the performance with roughly 10fps, but that is also one giant texture.

Overall I am very happy, can't wait to get the IAP plugin.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screen scrolling at half native 720p is really poor when using opengl 2.0, completely slows my games to a crawl so I have to use 1.1

I made a simple geowars style shooter to stress test myself, sometimes you can get rather good performance but then sometimes after changing one thing the performance will half, it's extremely picky with scale resizing, transparency and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diablohead>

You are right. I tested one of my iphone sidescrolling games. Runs really poor if you set the display mode to anything else than Center. I though it might be because of the odd iOS resolution of 960x480, so I changed it to 1280x720 and tried a different display setting than Center. Still poor.

If I change the app resolution to 1920x1080, Display mode to Center it is silky smooth.

This is very weird. Somehow OUYA is not happy with MMF's fit to screen options.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javira View Post
    This is very weird. Somehow OUYA is not happy with MMF's fit to screen options.
    Your findings are consistent with the mine and I believe that this not only is evident in OUYA but all mid-range Android devices. A question which does not occur with the exporter's iOS which is much more optimized for teams lower as the old ipod touch or iPhone 4.

I don't want to be troll with this topic nor put me hateful, but I've said many times in the forums. It should be more to the exporter and as all my intention is to work as well as possible to publish games.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast