User Tag List

Thread: BOX2D Breakout

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOX2D Breakout

hello, i'm want to say thank you to who was bring me method how to make an advanced tetris game.

but i think i want to make another game before i make a tetris game.

i've play a breakout game that using physics, it was called as "smash breakout". the game is in the yoyo games sandbox

Smash Breakout

i'm also play the game called "box breaker", which using love game framework and lua codes

Box Breaker

how to make a breakout game using BOX2D or Lua?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be best if you learned how to do simpler things in Box2D first. I have a beginner's tutorial on it here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/71529-RC-Box2D?p=532225&viewfull=1#post532225

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's good and simple, happygreenfrog.

but i'm forgot to tell, how to detect collisions in box2d? i want to make sounds and impacts to the bodies.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steamer View Post
    it's good and simple, happygreenfrog.

but i'm forgot to tell, how to detect collisions in box2d? i want to make sounds and impacts to the bodies.
    if you downloaded the box2d extension witch you must of done there should be a example with it called testbed if you look at its code it shows you collisions, then its pritty easy to make the sounds or types of collisions you want just like you would for normal objects, the hard bit its changing what its looks like if you want to show the damage on what you shoot or hit using box2d objects.