User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Newgrounds Save Files

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mephistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Newgrounds Save Files

    I wish to know if it's possible to use the Save Games feature of Newgrounds with the mmf2 newgrounds extension. If yes, how can I do it? I've tried to set numeric and string variables on the newgrounds extension, but it doesn't seem to work, and I don't know the right procedure for that. Could someone lighten me up?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistus View Post
    I wish to know if it's possible to use the Save Games feature of Newgrounds with the mmf2 newgrounds extension. If yes, how can I do it? I've tried to set numeric and string variables on the newgrounds extension, but it doesn't seem to work, and I don't know the right procedure for that. Could someone lighten me up?

    Thanks.
    The Newgrounds API is not currently working.

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mephistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you sure? I was able to use medals and ads. Not savegame though...

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistus View Post
    are you sure? I was able to use medals and ads. Not savegame though...
    Unless I missed something, I'm really very sure. You may be able to get some of the things to work, but I personally was never able to get the ads to work. The API is not current, so if you can't get something to work, it's most likely because of that.

  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mephistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    Unless I missed something, I'm really very sure. You may be able to get some of the things to work, but I personally was never able to get the ads to work. The API is not current, so if you can't get something to work, it's most likely because of that.
    I made a simple quiz game using the newgrounds extension. As you can see the ads are loading well, I've even earn a few bucks on newgrounds with this game.
    http://nostalsoft.com/coguquiz-en/

    Medals and Scoreboards are working just fine too. perhaps only the save game feature isn't working? Does anyone has an answer for that?

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shocked that the ads are working. Whenever I tried to get them to load, the loading text would just spin. I wonder if I was using a conflicting extension or if I was doing something wrong.

    I think the Newgrounds API hasn't been updated in two-three years or so, unless there was an update that I wasn't aware of... I can't believe nobody said anything when I complained that the ads weren't working! >( I'm mad now.

  7. #7
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mephistus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpandagames View Post
    I'm shocked that the ads are working. Whenever I tried to get them to load, the loading text would just spin. I wonder if I was using a conflicting extension or if I was doing something wrong.

    I think the Newgrounds API hasn't been updated in two-three years or so, unless there was an update that I wasn't aware of... I can't believe nobody said anything when I complained that the ads weren't working! >( I'm mad now.
    I had quite a difficult time making the ads work. but fortunately, I was able to make they run smoothly. I don't get much help with this extension, I guess it's kind of abandoned, but I still can make all of his functions work, except for the save game feature. I look forward for a sponsoring from newgrounds for my next game, if that extension doesn't work well, I will be probably making a new newgrounds extension from scratch.

  8. #8
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    redpandagames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephistus View Post
    I had quite a difficult time making the ads work. but fortunately, I was able to make they run smoothly. I don't get much help with this extension, I guess it's kind of abandoned, but I still can make all of his functions work, except for the save game feature. I look forward for a sponsoring from newgrounds for my next game, if that extension doesn't work well, I will be probably making a new newgrounds extension from scratch.
    I would be happy to start a small kickstarter for your efforts! Just let me know how much.

  9. #9
    No Products Registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you make an updated Newgrounds extension, please send me a PM. I am interested. Thanks a lot.

Similar Threads

  1. The right way to save ini files?
    By yuigoto in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st December 2013, 01:36 AM
  2. Save games and .ini files
    By Gamemaker10 in forum The Games Factory 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th November 2010, 06:29 AM
  3. Save and load jpg files
    By Earl in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15th September 2010, 04:44 AM
  4. INI files for save game
    By Drcooper in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th June 2010, 03:34 AM
  5. Problem with save files
    By Yima in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th February 2008, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •