User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you experienced copying and pasting issues with the list object?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 66.67%
  • I think I have at times, but I'm not sure.

0 0%
  • No. It works perfectly.

1 33.33%

Thread: List Object Feature request

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List Object Feature request

It would be really nice to be able to select all text in the list object by using shortcut (CNTRL + A). It's possible to select all text by right clicking through the options, but it would be useful.

Also, the list object is kind of strange about accepting some characters, but I haven't been able to figure out why. For example "..." pastes okay sometimes, but other times it is pasted as a single unknown character. It can be edited in the list object, but if you have a ton of text, it can be difficult to find the unsupported characters. I have also found that it does this when entering quotation marks, but the behavior is random.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you pasting from something like Microsoft Word? Some applications use Smartquotes which are stylised quotation marks that point a certain direction, rather than being vertical like the keyboard would make in plaintext. Your other problem is probably similar, instead of copying "..." you are copying "" Which is a single character. Your problem is likely just the location you are copying your text from. if you're writing it out beforehand, try notepad rather than wordpad or ms word.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Are you pasting from something like Microsoft Word? Some applications use Smartquotes which are stylised quotation marks that point a certain direction, rather than being vertical like the keyboard would make in plaintext. Your other problem is probably similar, instead of copying "..." you are copying "" Which is a single character. Your problem is likely just the location you are copying your text from. if you're writing it out beforehand, try notepad rather than wordpad or ms word.
    I do compose in Open Office to start, but even if I export as a text document, I still have issues with quotation marks and three periods in succession.

If I copy and paste into notepad, then copy and paste into MMF2, I still have the same problem.

I actually tried doing (find / replace) on the fancy quotation marks in notepad as well, but I don't think that it worked.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you on the unicode version of MMF2? The ASCII version (which is the standard one) doesn't support non-ascii characters, and on top of that certain special characters are not present in every font. I'm sure MMF3 will be Unicode only since that makes more sense today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifflas View Post
    Are you on the unicode version of MMF2? The ASCII version (which is the standard one) doesn't support non-ascii characters, and on top of that certain special characters are not present in every font. I'm sure MMF3 will be Unicode only since that makes more sense today.
    I have no idea how I would even figure that out. When I bought it, I don't think there were multiple options, but I could be wrong. If I am, that would certainly make sense why I'm having problems.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you aren't, because the Unicode version is a separate program that you would buy after the fact. I'm still quite sure the problem I mentioned is what is getting you: Open Office creates different characters when you press the button. Copying to notepad won't change anything because you're copying the different characters. Rather, copy to notepad and then in the line below type them out manually. Try that and see what your results are with either line.