User Tag List

Thread: Testing your games on a phone

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Testing your games on a phone

Connecting your device may be an adventure.
    You may need to go to the device manufacturer and download a driver.
    Then on the device itself you need to go into the Developer Options and turn on USB debugging.

Now if that starts to become a hassle and you want to get going....

I use DropBox on my desktop and phone.

I build the APK to dropbox .. go over to my phone open dropbox and install it.
    Very easy and on a high speed connections it doesn't take very long at all
    (You may want to connect to a wi-fi if your on a limited data plan)

Drop box is completely free and a good place to stash some files you want to access on multiple computers or perhaps share with other people.
    *you files are not shared by default so don't worry about that

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your phone is rooted (like mine) you can also use samba network (Microsoft share)

You can download a nice app adding Smb network support on your phone here :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...XNoLnNhbWJhIl0.

After the installation and configuration of the app you will see your phone as a computer in microsofts network and you will have the possibility to map your phone as a network drive !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quickest/easiest way to put apps on your device is just to plug your phone in through USB and most likely you will have drivers to at least see the device as a storage device of some kind (Portable media player, etc). If you don't already have the drivers for your phone, then you should download them. Then just open the root directory of the device and copy/paste your application .apk into a folder somewhere on the phone. Most phones these days have a built in file browser, but if not, you can download a file browser app and then just open the directory where you put your .apk and install it from there. The whole process only takes about 10 seconds.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the correct drivers, you should be able to just use the 'build and run' option inside MMF2 which uses ADB (android debug bridge) to deploy straight to your device without any manual copying over at all

You can also run the android SDK monitoring utility if you use this method which logs your app while running.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I didn't even see the "build and run" option, haha - that would be the best way to go, but like you said, it does require that you have gone online and downloaded the appropriate USB drivers for your device. Aside from the MMF part of things, you can connect your device through ADB wirelessly and then you should be able to deploy your apps from MMF straight onto your device without even plugging it in!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    List of the of android drivers.. helped me a lot, maybe it'll help you.
    http://www.mobisynapse.com/forum/top...ivers-resource

remember to scroll down.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the "Build and Run" option

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shortcut is Ctrl+f8, it's the icon to the right of the square stop button.