User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: getting it to emulate

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're having trouble getting the app to run on your phone, open CMD (Windows+R -> cmd) and navigate to your android directory with

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

then check to see what devices are connected with

adb devices

It will respond with "List of devices attached" and you should see your phone below. If not, then you either need to install your phone USB drivers or download a program called Wifi ADB (which may be rooted phones only). Once you've run that, it'll tell you the line you need to type into cmd which should be something like

adb connect 192.168.1.7

Run adb devices again and see if it worked. You can only build and run if there is only one device connected at a time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say the more type and shape of devices to test on, the better. Including the real and virtual ones.

Android x86 is a project which ports Android to run on PCs, and it's much, much faster then what the emulator provides, but remember that it's using a different architecture (MMF2 apps and Google's own apps work just fine.). You could put Android on a USB Drive or CD and run it (as a 'live session' in memory or install it) on another computer natively for testing your apps. (Jeff's idea of using Dropbox works great for this, and a plus if it's a touch screen PC.)

VirtualBox is free virtualizing software for running multiple operating systems simultaneously on the PC, and it works great with Android x86. I don't recommend solely relying on this for testing though.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some info I had to struggle to find out:

•All applications must be signed. The system will not install an application on an emulator or a device if it is not signed.

http://developer.android.com/tools/p...p-signing.html

The link above explains more about how to do this.

Also, Bluestacks messed me up too. I was getting error messages, so I went into debug mode in Eclipse, and it gave me a rather abstract error message. I copied it into a search on:
    http://stackoverflow.com/
    A great resource, by the way. I found out that it was Bluestacks that was causing the problem. I uninstalled, relaunched everything and no more error message.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2