User Tag List

Thread: keystore name? keystore password?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keystore name? keystore password?

I guess this is easily answered for people who code, but I have no idea what this means- I'm trying to export in release mode but it's asking me for keystore name, keystore password, key name and key password. I'm lost. :P

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    See if the material under the help file then Android Properties has enough info for you to struggle thru it.
    If not then we need to create a couple tutorials to help people out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the help file just says to enter a valid keystore name, so not much help there. :P I'm still searching to find out how exactly to create one.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Look at the documentation of these properties in the Distributing / Android / Properties section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm starting to see how it all comes together. I sure wish Android would have made the process more complicated. :P Thanks for the help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by animdude View Post
    Ok, I'm starting to see how it all comes together. I sure wish Android would have made the process more complicated. :P Thanks for the help!
    More complicated? Don't you mean less?

Anyway, it's actually because Android uses java, and, because of the way java works, you need to sign it. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to do much of anything (E.G save game progress). Also, Android doesn't let unsigned APKs run on Android anyway. Non-release mode games use a debug key, though, which lets them run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah I was being sarcastic. Like I said, I'm sure it's not a big deal to most people who do code, but to me it was all new. What a nightmare. But I successfully uploaded an APK! So I conquered the keytool! One other thing worth mentioning here is that everyone should be sure to run the CMD in administrator mode. I entered the information the first time but the tool was denied access. :P I ran it as administrator next and it worked!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes a bit of reading up, but once you have your key generated it's super simple.

It's a walk in the park compared to iOS with it's expiring distribution profiles and certificates.