User Tag List

Thread: Python not working correctly when exported (and Python with iOS)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Python not working correctly when exported (and Python with iOS)

Hi Guys, I ask my question here because I think it will be more popular here than into the Python scripting forum or extension.
    Firstly, I asked my first question here - it's about porting the extension to the iOS runtime.

I've asked this question into the Beta iOS forum as well, and had got an answer from Anders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Unfortunately this is against Apple's guidelines as they are pretty much against any interpreted languages (excluding ones that are "static" like the MMF2 runtime).
    The reason why they allow the Python Interpreter in the app-store is because it is python code the user write themselves and execute themselves.
    Apple is against any code that in theory could be downloaded from the internet and be executed that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by iosconstruct
    I understand even if I personally don't care about Apple's guidelines, since I develop exclusively apps for my personnal use on a jailbroken iphone.
    I don't need to validate it through Apple so. But I understand this is not concerning a majority of people and Clickteam doesn't want any problem with Apple.
    I won't talk further about this here so, but if it's not too complicated to port it (I don't know how much work it requires), I would appreciate if someone could do it (I may consider a donation for this job)
    Then, I successfully ported the Dropbox Python SDK to use it with MMF2Dev and the Python extension.
    But the thing is that is not working from the moment I build my project into an exe (but perfectly works when I test it from MMF)
    Does someone know how to fix this ?

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I am no Python expert so if there's a problem there then I won't be able to help on that score. However I can see we need some more details here...

When you say that you ported it, is this a script you're running with the Python extension? How are you calling it, is it embedded in the MFA or an external file? Do you get any functionality from Python in EXE files built by MMF at all, for example a simple "hello world" example...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon,
    I added the library of the Dropbox API into the Python27.zip file which contains Python, then I called basically the API considering to the help of the API.
    I usually use the Python object, so it's working perfectly but it seems to don't export correctly the added library...
    Hopefully I'm clear...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you make an EXE with a simple Python script in, no API, to make sure that Python is working in EXE files?

Avez-vous une example sans tous les fonctionnalités de le dropbox API? Juste un frame simple avec un scripte de Python qui peux retour un valeur modifiable...

Pardon ma francais!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I will be able to provide this - but just want to know why ? Because I told you python is correctly working - only when I add a third party library into the python zip file, this library seems not added to the exported exe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK please, up - if the extension's author could be take a little bit of his time to help me...
    Thx