User Tag List

Thread: How do I put my license RSA in my APP? (google play)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I put my license RSA in my APP? (google play)

Hello,

I've seen that to give more security to the application, you must activate a license provided by Google, is licensed RSA (in Service / APIs)

How the license is included in the APP?

Thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Android Runtime? I don't think it's possible, as of now...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, surely that must be possible? How have people that have released apps through google play done it?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On google play you have the option to not have copy protection on your game, I think that is the only option for now if you are working with the exporter.

The way I see it is that if people really want to pirate your game, they will find a way. Most people however will pay a fair price if it is of worth to them.

It would be nice to have the option though.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

That is true, it is so easy to copy an APK file that piracy will always be a problem the way things are on Android.

However I'd presume that the people who -would- buy your app/game in the first place -would not- necessarily go down the piracy route. Likewise, those that play a pirated version probably would not have bought it if there was no pirated version available (and if they liked a game they pirated, one or two may listen to their conscience and later buy the game from you anyways). Ovine have released two Android games and we found the APK files just by doing a Google search the very next day

Would be interesting to see how RSA would help. I don't know much about it (time to do some reading).

While piracy may be an important consideration, possibly higher up the list is how you can market and publicise your app/game to get it into sight of potential paying customers The Play store doesn't help the smaller developers with this aspect, it's the same problem on iOS but there is generally a different culture amongst Apple i-thing users which helps.

The above may sound a bit depressing, but personally I would put more of my effort into making the best game I could and marketing it to the best of my ability.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RSA and device installation detection seem like two very important features. It does require more research and some reading into, from what I've read so far, it maybe achieved with just an additional checkbox and string entry in the Android property tab but that's only from what I've read up on.

Like you Andy, I'll look more into it today sometime.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great marketing device. Having your game plastered all over Google.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Danny and I where just talking about this yesterday in ClickConverse.
    I think a new property has to be made in MMF to do this.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also worth saying that the Amazon app store has some kind of automatically-applied copy protection. I don't know how it works exactly but I recall it's simply a checkbox when you submit, and nothing special is required inside the apk.

So if you wanted you could release on Amazon now and wait for an update with copy protection support to release via Google Play

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this option implemented now? maybe on Fusion2.5?