User Tag List

Thread: Pros and Cons from Android Export Module?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pros and Cons from Android Export Module?

Hi Guys!

I`m thinking of purchasing the Android Export Module (AEM) but I have some questions, hope you can help me.

- Does it come with any option to resize the app depending on the resolution of the phone? Or do I have to make different APPs for different resolutions?
    - If so, making a 480x800 game run in resize on a 320x480 screen would affect performance?
    - How is general performance of games packed with the AEM? I downloaded a few games on my Samsung GAlaxy Ace and they seemed a little slow, I know my phone isn`t the best, but games like cut the rope and angry birds ran kinda smooth.
    - I usually make games and store levels, saves and etc all in INIS loaded from a folder from the game directory, I know MMF2 has an option to "pack" those files on the exe while building, do the AEM has that too? So when the game needs a level it loads from an INI file stored in the APK?

well, that's all I can think of asking right now, my main concern is about performance as I make fast games and thinking of lag and low frame rate would really put me down on acquiring the AEM.

thanks in advance

edit: I downloaded just a few games, this game is one of the games that seemed light and simple and ran extremely laggy on my phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aokifree&hl=en

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Yes, there are several different options regarding scaling and resizing. They are mostly the same as the iOS version, of which there is a great article explaining them here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/74189-Scaling-for-iPhone-5-and-iPad-HOW-TO-DO-IT-RIGHT

2. I think scaling can affect performance to some degree. I imagine a 320x480 device might struggle with a 480x800 game because of not being designed to handle high res graphics, but performance will vary from device to device.

3. There will always be a performance overhead on game creation software vs coding from scratch and there's no way of getting around it really. I've found android performance to be fairly comparable to iOS, perhaps a tiny bit slower but again it depends on the device. If you code as simply and efficiently as you can you should be fine.

4. Yes

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question, is it possible to make multiple builds of the same app (hosted on google play) where the only difference with the apps is that they are optimized for device x,y,z?

Basically id like to have my app display fullscreen on most devices without stretching or cropping..

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, you can have multiple versions of an apk for the same game in google play. Devices will try to use the apk with the highest version code.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thnaks for the reply, I just purchased the Android Exported and it works like a charm!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DaveC why made this work?

You can support multiple screens just putting the frame size on the biggest aspect android device with a big background then fit inside and adjust window size export option...and just use the expression X Right Frame to choose the X position of the UI elements