I have a few questions about saving data in my flash game that I plan to distribute online:
1. Will the scores in the hi-score object (not mochi) be saved, or will they be reset each time the game is loaded?
2. Does the .ini object work for flash the same way as .exe?
3. Where is the .ini file stored on the computer?
4. Is their anyway to encrypt or protect the .ini file to prevent tampering by the user?
5. Can data be stored on the users computer any other way, such as flash cookies?
6. Can data be stored on the cloud / internet any way, other than Mochi Social?
7. Are all of the following APIs up-to-date and available without MMF2 Developer?
- Mochi Media
- GamerSafe (pretty sure this is developer only, but not sure why)
- Any other similar APIs I did not list.
8. Is their anyway to set a minimum version of flash required for the program to work?
9. When exporting to flash, is the .swf file generally bigger or smaller than the .mfa (project file)? I can't test it because I am using the demo. I just need an estimate of the final file size.
10. How many plays / money can I expect to get from my first flash game if I use Mochi distribution?
Thanks. Sorry if these questions are kind of dumb.