User Tag List

Thread: SWF Frame Transitions VS Active or Object Transitions in Game Play

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation SWF Frame Transitions VS Active or Object Transitions in Game Play

First game-please advise.

On the forums I was reading there were issues in flash with fade in or transitions. I believe this was a 'frame' transition issue BUT NOT an 'object or active' transition. Is this correct?

Reason I ask is this: say I have a book in a room on a table. If I click on the book, the book slowly zooms up until it reaches the position in the frame, is used, then after clicking the X to close it, it zooms slowly away out frame OR just fades out itself, and the room background is left.

I ask this because in preparing the actives and objects, I can place them (the book, statue, note, pick, journal) against a black background to make it transparent in the MMF2 active import so if active or object transitions are available, I can set properties for these actions.

As opposed to just click on the book on the desk in Frame One, Frame Two is opened with the book in the frame, used, then when the X is clicked, the screen goes to back to Frame One. A little boring if there are no frame transitions available in the MMF2 swf format.

Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    First game-please advise.

On the forums I was reading there were issues in flash with fade in or transitions. I believe this was a 'frame' transition issue BUT NOT an 'object or active' transition. Is this correct?

Reason I ask is this: say I have a book in a room on a table. If I click on the book, the book slowly zooms up until it reaches the position in the frame, is used, then after clicking the X to close it, it zooms slowly away out frame OR just fades out itself, and the room background is left.

I ask this because in preparing the actives and objects, I can place them (the book, statue, note, pick, journal) against a black background to make it transparent in the MMF2 active import so if active or object transitions are available, I can set properties for these actions.

As opposed to just click on the book on the desk in Frame One, Frame Two is opened with the book in the frame, used, then when the X is clicked, the screen goes to back to Frame One. A little boring if there are no frame transitions available in the MMF2 swf format.

Thanks.
    Transitions between frames are not supported in Flash. You could offer a premium version with the transitions in exe format as a separate download. This is what I've been doing, but for my next game, I will probably go in and manually add transitions at the object level.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the reply.

It appears that active objects do have that capability within the frame, so I will not have to build multiple frames in order to show multiple items in a room, say.

/rg