Hey Guys, I have created a little utility here to generate keystore files to make things easier for people to generate their own.scr1.jpg
If you would be so kind to download, check out the readme and test it I would be most grateful. Any issues, errors or bugs please report back to this thread. Even if it is a success please post back in this thread. The sooner we can get this tested on a variety of machines, the quicker I can throw it out into the main Android forum for everyone to download.
Thanks in advance,
- added basic build log information so user can see post-build what queries were sent. Useful for debugging user errors.
- Implemented basic checks (such as Min 6 Password Char/Min Chars[Alias/JDK/SavetoFile])
HOW TO USE
1) RIGHT-CLICK on keystore.exe and run as administrator
2) WRITE DOWN all the information and save what you put in the boxes. It is important information.
3) ALWAYS save to c:\filename.keystore. Once it has been generated you can move this file to any folder you like.
HOW TO GENERATE A KEYSTORE FILE
Run keystore.exe as administrator
1) Click Browse and locate your JDK folder, you need to locate where keytool.exe is installed.
It is usually (c:\program files\java\jdk~\bin\) or (c:\program files(x86)\java\jdk~\bin)
2) Click Browse and choose a folder then type a filename to save your keystore file.
3) Fill in ALL the boxes (make them unique and remember no spaces inside ALIAS and less than 8 letters)
4) Click Build, it should build. After it's finished building, head to the directory you chose to save the file and the .keystore file should be in there.
5) All done. Once your keystore file has been generated you use this to sign your games. This file can be moved to any folder once it's been generated.
Implement sign checker.