User Tag List

Thread: KeyStore Generator Tool Beta

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

KeyStore Generator Tool Beta

Hey Guys, I have created a little utility here to generate keystore files to make things easier for people to generate their own.scr1.jpg

If you would be so kind to download, check out the readme and test it I would be most grateful. Any issues, errors or bugs please report back to this thread. Even if it is a success please post back in this thread. The sooner we can get this tested on a variety of machines, the quicker I can throw it out into the main Android forum for everyone to download.

Thanks in advance,
    Danny

Download v1.2
    keystore1-2.zip

Changelog:
    - added basic build log information so user can see post-build what queries were sent. Useful for debugging user errors.
    - Implemented basic checks (such as Min 6 Password Char/Min Chars[Alias/JDK/SavetoFile])

HOW TO USE
    -------------

**BEFORE USE**

1) RIGHT-CLICK on keystore.exe and run as administrator
    2) WRITE DOWN all the information and save what you put in the boxes. It is important information.
    3) ALWAYS save to c:\filename.keystore. Once it has been generated you can move this file to any folder you like.

**BEFORE USE**

HOW TO GENERATE A KEYSTORE FILE
    ------------------------------------
    Run keystore.exe as administrator

1) Click Browse and locate your JDK folder, you need to locate where keytool.exe is installed.
    It is usually (c:\program files\java\jdk~\bin\) or (c:\program files(x86)\java\jdk~\bin)

2) Click Browse and choose a folder then type a filename to save your keystore file.

3) Fill in ALL the boxes (make them unique and remember no spaces inside ALIAS and less than 8 letters)

4) Click Build, it should build. After it's finished building, head to the directory you chose to save the file and the .keystore file should be in there.

5) All done. Once your keystore file has been generated you use this to sign your games. This file can be moved to any folder once it's been generated.

TODO
    ------
    Implement sign checker.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although to my I thought it was simple the process to create the keystore, you applaud for this tool that you put at the disposal of others. A great initiative. Congratulations!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Danny!
    Simple to some but I think the threads in the main Android forum have shown it trips up a lot of people.

If only we could get a tool like this for doing the iOS stuff

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Thanks Danny!
    If only we could get a tool like this for doing the iOS stuff
    That would be wonderful, even more, I dare say it would be a tool with great commercial success. I would pay for that!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,

I have updated the original post with the latest version which includes a final build log. This log can be used if people encounter errors during building, they can copy and paste the information from the log into this thread.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea Danny this should make things super easy for anyone new to the process.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cole, yes after the influx of threads regarding I figured not everyone is clued up on how to do it. It was the least I could do to try and help all the new-comers get on their way to developing with Android.

If possible, could you download and try generate a test certificate just to ensure it works? Would be much appreciated. The quicker I can test this on a variety of machines the faster I can throw it over to the main Android forum. Thanks in advance!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Danny, just gave it a test. But for some reason it's just not creating a keystore file for me. No errors come up, and I'm running as administrator.

Edit: Danny, it does work! The password I was testing with was <6 characters. Later found out that the passwords need to be 6 characters or more so it wasn't generating the file. It might be good to implement this check in the app otherwise works great!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ah, thanks for the test. I'll implement the password min and update. Thanks Cole!

Edit: Included basic checks for all fields that require them before build button becomes available such as password chars and checking alias etc.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thank you very much