Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting a game sponsored AND having it available on android

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting a game sponsored AND having it available on android

Is this feasible? I was thinking of trying to get a game sponsored as well as having it available for android at a small cost. I'm pretty sure I've seen other games do this and was just wondering if anybody would be able to shed some light on it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean sponsored with flash? The licenses are completely separate. A flash sponsorship does not dictate what you can do with the mobile version. Some sponsors will request mobile rights, but that happens on a case-by-case basis. So yes, you can do this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Do you mean sponsored with flash? The licenses are completely separate. A flash sponsorship does not dictate what you can do with the mobile version. Some sponsors will request mobile rights, but that happens on a case-by-case basis. So yes, you can do this.
    Hey, thanks for the response. Yeah I was referring to flash sponsorship. I was hoping to try and get a flash sponsorship, and also have it available on a mobile device for a small price.

I was just wondering if there would be any conflict if I advertised the mobile version on my sponsored flash games menu or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, most sponsors wouldn't like that. Sponsors tend to only want their own branding because any other branding will drive users away from their site. It's a special case you'd have to talk over with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I know it has been done. http://armorgames.com/play/11411/doodle-god-2 for example. I was hoping to try and do something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that game had the mobile sponsorship as part of the deal with Armor, but don't quote me on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that game had the mobile sponsorship as part of the deal with Armor, but don't quote me on that.
    Hmm. I kind of had a feeling it wouldn't be so simple. It's just that I'm looking for a way to make more money from a game besides just flash sponsorship. I was thinking of doing something involving multiplayer, maybe even going cross platform with mobile and PC. I'm just not entirely sure how to execute it. I'm looking into facebook games right now but that might need some design quality that might be a bit out of my league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mobile is really a different ballgame when it comes to making money. Instead of sponsors, you tend to get publishers that will work with you for a cut of the profits. They do the marketing and can bring in a lot more money that way, since it's almost impossible to get a game going viral on the mobile markets without some marketing knowledge. You then have the option to do a free ad-supported one in addition to the paid game, or run entirely free and have Microtransactions ingame that sell the users content. These are getting more and more popular, especially on iOS where the phone is already linked to iTunes for easy spending. Facebook games work well with this method as well, since you can use Facebook credits to buy stuff.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..You then have the option to do a free ad-supported one in addition to the paid game, or run entirely free and have Microtransactions ingame that sell the users content...
    Or you can make a demo version without ads that has less levels (E.G one eighth of the levels that the full version has). That's what the Angry Birds games do (at least, that's what some of them do (I think the iOS versions in particular do it)).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't really seem to work very well. The full version with ad support tends to bring in more money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast