User Tag List

Thread: Online Multiplayer?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Multiplayer?

Is it possible to have an android game support online multiplayer? If so, what would it entail? Would I need some kind of server or something? Sorry I don't know much about how multiplayer would work on a mobile device :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Online multiplayer on Android would have the same requirements as multiplayer on a computer. You would probably need a server, for starters.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible! You can use an extension called Lacewing to build and run your own server. The good news is that the Android exporter supports the relay client.

If you don't have the Lacewing extensions already, download them (I recommend via ExtensionView) and build the relay server using the PC runtime whilst also building the Android game as the client. If this is going to be public, you should run the completed server runtime onto a dedicated always-online server.

If you search the forums, it's pretty much the same if you was building a multiplayer game for the PC runtime, since the Lacewing extensions are the same.