Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Limitation: "You can not make holes in the mask of collisions"

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Limitation: "You can not make holes in the mask of collisions"

I have spent months working on a .SWF tank game where you can put holes in the terrain by hitting it with a missile. I noticed one websites selling the .SWF exporter, it said "You can not make holes in the mask of collisions". Link to website. Is this true is the latest version of the exporter? Will it really not work?

I am so nervous. I spent so long working on this, and I don't want it all to go to waste.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't work, due to differences in the way it detects collisions. The Surface object is an easy-to-use alternative, though, and it shouldn't be that hard to fix it up so that it uses the Surface object instead. I don't know if the collisions in the Flash version of the Surface object are pixel-perfect, though, so it might not work. I've found a interesting work-around for it in the past, though, and I might be able to put it up here for you some time, if you think it would help.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    It won't work, due to differences in the way it detects collisions. The Surface object is an easy-to-use alternative, though, and it shouldn't be that hard to fix it up so that it uses the Surface object instead. I don't know if the collisions in the Flash version of the Surface object are pixel-perfect, though, so it might not work. I've found a interesting work-around for it in the past, though, and I might be able to put it up here for you some time, if you think it would help.

Do you think Clickteam will update the flash exporter so it works correctly?
    Yes, that would be great if you could post it when you get a chance.
    But I can't install extensions in the demo version, and I don't want to buy the full version unless I know it is going to work. But it looks like this may be my only option unless someone tests it for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way to make it work in Flash. I think it might be a Flash limitation, actually, which makes it pretty much impossible. However, if the Surface object doesn't currently support pixel-perfect collisions in Flash, then I don't see why it would be so hard for Looki (the programmer for the Surface object) to add it in an update, which would allow you to re-program it to work in Flash.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Flash runtime does not have a bitmap surface for background collisions: it tests them object per object.
    Turning it into the normal collision system is on my list of things to do, but does not have a real high priority.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I put this project on hold for a while, but I am looking into getting back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    The Flash runtime does not have a bitmap surface for background collisions: it tests them object per object.
    Turning it into the normal collision system is on my list of things to do, but does not have a real high priority.
    Thanks, do you think this will be changed soon? Could you please let me know when it is so I can get back to work on this project? I will be happy to buy MMF and the SWF extension and publish this game once you update this.

Thanks a lot.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates on this?
    Will it be fixed in MMF2.5?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that it has been fixed, considering that this tutorial has a working flash version (see the "play the game" section), and it uses this technique. Also, you will get MMF2.5 for free if you get MMF2 now, so, if you were worried about that, don't worry. Also, MMF2.5 will have an HTML5 runtime, which might also not have that issue (though I can't be sure).

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tutorial worked because it was for an EXE game, not flash. And it was written before I even had the problem. HTML5 is no good, I need flash because my game is built around it and I don't want to change it at this point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you look at the flash version on the page? You need to scroll down to the "play the game" section. I think the problem has been fixed for a while now, I guess it was fixed at the time you made the thread without anyone knowing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast