User Tag List

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: OpenCapture

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XStar View Post
    Now, I'm curious, since I've been doing some research on this matter. Would it be plausible that the data received from the Mindwave headset could be translated into sound?

People have done this before, but it was through electrical diodes that you had to implant in your brain. I'd rather not have that type of surgery, so, is it possible that that could be done? At least, once you've created the extension in the first place.
    Well, it could technically be translated into sound, if you made it play a tone at the pitch based on the concentration level.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As happygreenfrog said, you can translate it in sound, based on the attention or/and meditation signals. You can also use all the frequency range to combine with the amplitude to make some variations with sounds. The system is not invasive at all, it is not an headset for medical applications.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be quite useful in many ways! I wish you luck with your extension! It should be quite interesting indeed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a new version of the extension (v1.1): http://clicks-en-stock.concept-game.eu/Downloads/OpenCapture_v1.1.zip
    FIXED: the size of the camera preview can be changed
    ADDED: added the [Set camera property] action

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Conceptgame!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will now implement for the final release the following features:
    - I will add expressions to retrieve the rotation matrix and translation matrix to be able to integrate 3D objects on top of the camera preview (Augmented Reality).
    - I will add the possibility to load a collection of feature objects to be able to recognize objects quickly on a the camera scene.
    With both features described above, I will make a TCG game example and release it on Clickstore. The idea is to make something as close as possible as games like Drakerz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkN3Q3lWikc.

The last features that I may implement depending on the amount of changes required:
    - hardware accelerated processing (object detection, image processing, ...)
    - port to Android with the NDK

I will then stop developping this extension and release it. If you need an additional feature, please ask now whereas I am up-to-date with this extension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Augmented reality! YES!

This is going to be awesome!

Any chance of gesture detection? If not, perhaps a depth map, or some way of detecting distance?

That's something I'd think would be cool to add!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by conceptgame View Post
    I will now implement for the final release the following features:
    - I will add expressions to retrieve the rotation matrix and translation matrix to be able to integrate 3D objects on top of the camera preview (Augmented Reality).
    - I will add the possibility to load a collection of feature objects to be able to recognize objects quickly on a the camera scene.
    With both features described above, I will make a TCG game example and release it on Clickstore. The idea is to make something as close as possible as games like Drakerz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkN3Q3lWikc.

The last features that I may implement depending on the amount of changes required:
    - hardware accelerated processing (object detection, image processing, ...)
    - port to Android with the NDK

I will then stop developping this extension and release it. If you need an additional feature, please ask now whereas I am up-to-date with this extension.
    Augmented reality and Android are the two features that I'm most interested in. I don't have a webcam, and my attempts to use an app to use my tablet as a webcam haven't worked with this extension, but my Android tablet has a camera, so I could use an Android version of the object.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the beginning, I said that I would implement 3D camera support. I thought about it and I don't think it is still a proper design to pack all of these features in one single extension. If a classic webcam is a standard product that many users have, the Primesensor or the Kinect camera for Windows are not really standard. Since it will require one or more libraries to handle 3D cameras, the size and the functionalities would grow up drastically, although most users do not need them or cannot use them.
    In other words, I would rather develop a separate extension for this to keep OpenCapture extension as generic as possible.
    Moreover I am looking for what would be possible with the new Xbox One Kinect SDK.

I forgot one feature that could be very useful when using this extension with the preview. I will also implement super resolution algorithm which can improve the image quality although the resolution is very low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that sounds really cool: Super Resolution Algorithm.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast