User Tag List

Thread: Problem with crouching

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with crouching

Hello all, I'm using the tutorial from David N's custom platform and everything was fine for a while. For the player, I'm using Soma Cruz from Castlevania because I feel it would be a good starting point. Everything was going fine until I came across a problem with crouching. I've tried many different ways to try to make him crouch, but I can't seem to get it right. When he crouches, he twitches between the crouching animation and the standing animation. He just doesn't stay crouched down at all. I did however figure out what is going on, I just don't know how to fix it. What I managed to figure out, is that as long as down is held, it continuously repeats itself. I measured this by adding a counter, the second that the down key is pressed, the number starts spiking up. Which means that the alterable value for crouching is also spiking up. Does anyone have a solution to this?

NewGame.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in line 38, remove the extra conditions, and just have crouch of character <>0 gets this to work

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that, he still doesn't want to stay crouched down. Not only that, but the counter I put still increases very fast. Which means that the "crouch" alterable variable also increases at the same rate.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or you can deactivate other animatons when repeat moved down is pressed and when its not pressed activate other animations. like this
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that the character is switching between stopped and crouching animations. Try testing for crouch=0 in events that change animation to "stopped".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without being able to look at your file right now I would guess that you need to make sure that the crouching animation is set to loop to the final frame, otherwise it would just keep looping through the animation as the key is pressed down.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a file with the modifications I mentioned on line 38. The other thing I did, was have your counter display the Crouch alt variable of the character. This character stays down when you click down, and doesn't have the up/down shakes of your original file
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the file that path uploaded, the character did stay down, but if you jump afterwards, the character jumps while in the crouched animation. At least he does stay down this time when I press down.

gerald999, I did make sure it was looped, the problem was never finishing the animation and going back to standing animation.

I also tried the file that rubes uploaded, the character just did the same thing of switching between standing and crouching.

Maybe I should just start a new project and not bother with crouching down then?

MAJOR EDIT!!!

I figured it out, I looked at what path did, then I thought, what if I disable the group animation but for walking and stopping only? So I made a separate group of animation for jumping and a separate group for walking. It does the trick, my character can crouch down now, then stand back up with no problems, as well as going into the jumping animation when I hit the jump key while crouching. Thank you all for your help. ^__^