User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MMF2 Project Pac-Man.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good so far. Keep it up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not give up. It 's just a pause (pac-man at the time was programmed by more than one programmer!). My code in the shared project is easy and guessed (apart the mess that I've done with counters). I splitted your great example between the behavior of pacman and ghosts to make a little order. The single color of ghosts is not important! I'm trying to use a single sprite that makes for four!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes, I still give an improvement. Check whether you can solve few small problems that I mentioned!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLongDragon View Post
    I don't get it. Why would you want to deconstruct Pac-Man and make something which is exactly like that what can be found on an Internet gaming site? It seems futile and redundant.
    It is actually a good learning curve, and it's harder than you think to make a Pac-Man clone (I wouldn't be surprised if this is going to be open-source to help out other people making Pac-Man clones (or even games just plain similar to Pac-Man)).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi daryuss,

I always find it difficult to go through other people's code(especially when there are lots). But I will make a few suggestions:

1) Keep the door as an active - and not a background object. Just make it so your pac-man can't go through the door.
    2) Don't use instances for the ghost. It's much easier to have four different actives for the ghost when making a pac-man clone.

For the AI, and it doesn't have to be identical to the original pac-man, have one ghost running around the maze randomly. Have another ghost running around randomly but on a timer - so it only chases the pac-man on occasion. Make the other two ghost chase the player. The direction actives placed around the map can be used to make them choose slightly different paths - so they end up trying to box the pac-man in.

If you want me to send you a file(a much more advanced version of the one I uploaded before) where I've done something similar to this, just let me know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it. Why would you want to deconstruct Pac-Man and make something which is exactly like that what can be found on an Internet gaming site? It seems futile and redundant.
    Haven't you ever wanted to do something just to see if you can do it? Or to see if your tools are capable of the job? I know I have. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

I think my point was that I missed the point of making an anything clone when people are supposed to have original ideas.
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a rule book where it says people are supposed to have original ideas.

Maybe if it can be so difficult to make Pac-Man clone, there is perhaps a good reason for it -- maybe it's not worth the effort.
    Why isn't it worth the effort? Understanding how to make pac-man AI(or something close in MMF) helps to make other maze games possible.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my point was that I missed the point of making an anything clone when people are supposed to have original ideas. Maybe if it can be so difficult to make Pac-Man clone, there is perhaps a good reason for it -- maybe it's not worth the effort. Pac Man is a timeless classic, but part of what made it such a classic was that it was original for its day.
    OLD. You are way off base here and I ditto everything that Caesar says in his post. I love to code classics in MMF2 just to see if I can do it. Do you have any mfa's that you have done that are classic related. I would like to see one.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @OldLongDragon You are absolutely right! But classic coin-ops games have become a culture. It 's nice to know how to program them similar to the originals, and it's a miracle that I was able to program at this level (still not finished!). I was able to achieve the behavior of pac-man because I have freely shared this little project in open-source! There is no better program than Multimedia Fusion 2 to satisfy the whim of achieving them The next will be Gyruss project!!!

@Caesar: Yes, I would be interested to have a more advanced file (if you want). If I was able to insert your tutorial in my pac-man, I might try again with another of your more advanced example (It does not seem a bootleg version of Pac-Man exported from the jamma card as for turning out?)

@Nivram: Hi! How are you? (certainly very well). I am glad that you intervened too!
    I think back in 1980, pac-man programmers used a different method than fantastic Caesar’s example,they used a grid in layer 1 (similar to your fantastic grid-examples) and the rest in layer 2.
    If you turn in my loose threads here and there, there are various examples of my mmf2 classic games editables.
    By collecting various examples we could make a MMF2 classic coin-ops costruction kit complete!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi daryuss, I'll send you a PM with the download link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I do a revised my old Pac-Man project and I put all the examples in a single file.zip (in MMF 2 last update which can be opened with CF 2.5 also)

Here!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast