User Tag List

Thread: Cascading objects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cascading objects

Hi, I need some help with getting my "boulder" instances to fall off each other without merging or overlapping. I've tried different movement methods(player, bouncing ball, pinball, etc) and used separate detectors but always run into problems.

I know what the problem is but can't get my head around solving it. Please help.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be a little more clear: when the boulders fall and land on top of each other, and there is no obstacle in their left or right path, the boulders fall to the left or right. The overlapping problem occurs when a boulder is falling to the right - and another boulder is falling to the left at the same time; they meet in the middle so to speak and end up overlapping. I need to prevent the overlap.

See the attached file and move the player active down to get a better idea of the problem. THX.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any help?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you do the condition check for the empty space next to the boulder, you could activate that boulder to move into the space, and temporarily place an invisible "block" object in that new space, so that any following boulders that try to move into that space, will see that block object and not move there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Konidias. I've tried your suggestion and ran into problems. It kind of works but on occasion some of the boulders still end up overlapping or hanging in the air. It's really frustrating me now.

Example files or suggestions appreciated. THX.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've solved it

There's probably some unneeded junk in there, but if anyone wants to optimise it - or make a better example - and upload it here, please do. It might come in handy for a Repton or Boulderdash type game.
    Attached files Attached files