User Tag List

Thread: NES like fade mode, it is possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NES like fade mode, it is possible?

Hey everyone!
    I'm currently developing a game with NES style graphics. I'm wanted to know if is possible to create a nes-like fade style in multimedia fusion 2.
    For instance, most of nes games when they fade to black, they don't have a smooth fade. They fade like 3 different types of limited colors (because of the palette) and goes to black. I wanted to create something like that for my new game but I can't find a way.

If you guys need an example, you can check it here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...3k8VayN4#t=57s

For this game I tried to make a nes-style fade out on the face of the main character, however I only did this on cutscenes because they were all active objects. I used the recolor action of mmf2 changing colors to grey tones (and it took a lot of time to do in complex scenes...) I wanted to do this in backgrounds too (if is possible) or maybe there is some transition or extension that can do this.

Oh, I hope that you guys understand my English, thanks anyway! =)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like you're already doing this the way they did it for NES games... Which is to just change the colors to gray tones. There is no magic extension that can determine which colors should go to which shades of gray... so you are pretty much stuck doing this manually.

You could possibly rig something up where you measure the distance of all objects to the center, and it automatically grays out the objects based on their distance from center... and then just have a counter going up, and as the counter goes up, the radius of the "circle" gets smaller which means the most distance objects get darker until they are black. That could potentially work but I'm not 100% sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I see. Thank you Konidias!
    I'll try that.
    Oh and I've remembered something. I remember that there was a guy that told-me that if I put the NES palette as default in mmf2 the fade out to black will be more nes like. It is possible to import the NES palette to mmf2?

Thanks again!