User Tag List

Thread: making custom website control panel, need help with ftp object and feeds

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question making custom website control panel, need help with ftp object and feeds

Hello!
    I am working on creating a personal website administration panel, the plan is to just have the .exe on my desktop and update from there.

I got the get object+php+sql part working flawlessly, i might have to add security measures, but that's not the main issue right now.

I would really like to be able to upload files to my server directly from the application, but it's been a while since i used the ftp object, and it doesn't seem to work easily. Whenever i upload something i get a pop-up box in the top-left area of my screen that just closes immediately, and i get the error "invalid argument".

I tried searching for a ftp object example, but couldn't find one, if anyone have a link i would appreciate it.

Here's a sample of my code:

button connect clicked: set user/pass + open connection at url

is connected (one action when event loops): set current directory folder1 + set current directory folder2
    //this event triggers, what i am trying to do is browse to folder1/folder2/ and upload files there, this might not be the right way?

button upload_icon clicked: upload C:\mytestfile.png to Edittext$( "gamname" )+".png"
    // here i am getting the "invalid argument" error

The other more complicated part, is that i would like to import games from mochi or flashgamedistribution. I tried to load "http://flashgamedistribution.com/feed?feed=rss" using the rss feed object, but neither "is loaded" or "on load" triggers. If anyone has any experience with rss or json feed using mmf, i would LOVE to see an example.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still looking for some help here, anybody knows how to use the ftp object or the rss feed object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Softwarewolf,
    i' ve found this Example that should work. I don' t know where i got that Example from. If somebody knows who made it, just post in this Topic.

FTP_Example.zip