User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Edge Enemy

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For instance:

+ ObjectA Angle > 180
    -> Change Animation Sequence to YEY!

+ Allways
    -> Start ForEach loop < loop name > for ObjectA

+ On loop < loop name >
    + ObjectA Angle > 180
    -> Change Animation Sequence to YEY!

As you see its quite easy to include any Event intoo a ForEach loop, which handles each instance correctly regardless of what method youre using.
    You shoud definitlively trust and depend on the ForEach extencion whenever you need to, it is supported by most if not all of the exporters and works wonders patching up MMF2s broken Object Selection.

The Advanced Direction Object, Layer Object and Window Controll Object are also very good and widely supported friends.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, i understand these basics. maybe i'm doing something wrong in this example. i start like this:

new obj created: spread value 1 to id

always start foreachloop

then:

on foreachloop
    +id obj = loopinteration
    +obj = overlapping detector left
    +obj = overlapping detector right
    +X detector right is overlapping a backdrop
    +detector left is overlapping a backdrop

--> set flag on

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ForEach object comes with an example or two. Have you looked at them yet?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    yes, i understand these basics. maybe i'm doing something wrong in this example. i start like this:

new obj created: spread value 1 to id

always start foreachloop

then:

on foreachloop
    +id obj = loopinteration
    +obj = overlapping detector left
    +obj = overlapping detector right
    +X detector right is overlapping a backdrop
    +detector left is overlapping a backdrop

--> set flag on
    You dont need to mess around with SpreadValues or IDs when using the ForEach Object, thats kinda the point of the ForEach Object, it does this automatically for you.

Im not sure what youre trying to do here ^ but if there is only 1 Left Detector and 1 Right Detector:

+ 'Detector Right' is overlapping a backdrop
    + 'Detector Left' is overlapping a backdrop
    -> Start ForEach loop "loopA" for object Active

+ On ForEach loop "loopA"
    + Active is overlapping 'Detector Right'
    + Active is overlapping 'Detector Left'
    -> Active set Flag0 ON

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behaviors don't handle object selection any better than the rest of MMF2, to my knowledge. They basically do the exact same thing as just pasting those events to the bottom of the event editor, if I remember correctly, though they are also a little buggy. So ForEach loops are the way to go for good object selection.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Why are you wondering? Do you not know how the ForEach object works? Or are you new to using it? If it is just that you are new to using it, then I can make you a simple example. If it isn't, then I will get to work on it.
    I've used MMF for years and have never heard of the ForEach object until right now. I've always used Fastloops (?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ForEach is essential, and should NOT be considered an Optional Extencion or Special Feature.
    It does what fastLoops do FASTER and with FAR LESS WORK.
    It COMPLETLY PATCHES UP the most essential problem/ design flaw/ bug ( call it what you will ) with MMF2 ( being correct INSTANCE SELECTION ).
    Youll have to be very convincing to make me believe that the FastLoop workaround was INTENDED for MMF2.

FasLoops are realy great! They can infact do EXACTLY what the ForEach does, only FastLoops require more work AND it works SLOWER.
    But thats not all, FastLooping through Objects require you to RESERVE 1 of the 32 AlterableValueas as an ID_ value!
    GooooooOOOO, FASTLOOPS!!!
    ( ... )

Are there any Exporter which DONT support the ForEach Object?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Cool View Post
    ForEach is essential, and should NOT be considered an Optional Extencion or Special Feature.
    It COMPLETLY PATCHES UP the most essential problem/ design flaw/ bug ( call it what you will ) with MMF2 ( being correct INSTANCE SELECTION ).
    Youll have to be very convincing to make me believe that the FastLoop workaround was INTENDED for MMF2.

FasLoops are realy great! They can infact do EXACTLY what the ForEach does, only FastLoops require more work AND it works SLOWER.
    But thats not all, FastLooping through Objects require you to RESERVE 1 of the 32 AlterableValueas as an ID_ value!
    ( ... )

Not very many. According to ExtensionView, it is supported by:

Windows
    Java
    Flash
    Anaconda

Not to mention the fact that the information in ExtensionView for the ForEach object is outdated, because I know for a fact that it is supported by the Android runtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Cool View Post

( ... )

It sounds awesome and much less work for us, however my current project has literally hundreds of events and up to 20 fastloops that go through a triple-dimensional array each time the player moves the character around a space. It would be such a huge pain in the ass to go back and change everything over now, but for any next projects I will absolutely have to look more into this.

So how does ForEach really work? Is it kind of like the old For.. Next loops?

My main thing / problem / whathaveyou is getting the event sequence order right. Spread Value 0 in alt Z -> Always loop (Blah) for # of object times -> If loopindex (Blah) = Val alt Z then <do stuff>.

I had been very used to using object-oriented programming with VB6 in the past and with it you could have object arrays which made using loops and picking the correct instance of an object LOADS easier than the fastloops method so any way I can use MMF2 with more ease is better with me, Russ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No iOS support?
    It popps up under the available Objects for MMF2 iOS builds, when changing the build type to iOS...
    Is that missleading information?

I was almost positive ForEach was common amongst the different Exporters, gues i was wrong...
    Im sure i heard plans about ForEach support for XNA, here on the forum.

ForEach should be top priority among all Exporters in my oppinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast