Thread: Edge Enemy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edge Enemy

http://www.mediafire.com/?kt20yhtn48pn6m1

Hello! I have gotten myself into a huge problem with what I thought should be a very easy problem.

I have created a specific movement for an enemy where the enemy will change direction when it gets near the edge of a platform. It works fine when there is only one enemy but when I add one more enemy the older one stops detecting the edges. What can I do, it seems like such an easy problem but yet it doesn't work?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it is because of MMF2's object selection. I don't even have to look at the example to tell you that. There are multiple ways you can solve the issue, with the easiest (and fastest, frames per second-wise) being to use the ForEach object. If you don't have the full version of MMF2, however, you can't use any objects that don't come with it. However, there is still a way to do it, though it is a little complicated. If you don't have any experience using FastLoops, though, then you will need to learn how they work first. There is a tutorial on them here, if you don't already know how to use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is because of MMF2's object selection. I don't even have to look at the example to tell you that. There are multiple ways you can solve the issue, with the easiest (and fastest, frames per second-wise) being to use the ForEach object. If you don't have the full version of MMF2, however, you can't use any objects that don't come with it. However, there is still a way to do it, though it is a little complicated. If you don't have any experience using FastLoops, though, then you will need to learn how they work first. There is a tutorial on them here, if you don't already know how to use them.
    I do not want to rely on ForEach or any other extensions, I just want to keep it as simple as possible for personal reasons. I do have experience with fastloops but I had wished I wouldn't need to use fastloops for this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, MMF2's object selection is terrible, so there isn't any other way to my knowledge. Fastloops are slower (and potentially less reliable) than ForEach loops. The ForEach object works with most runtimes, so there aren't really any problems with using it. If the personal reasons make using it impossible, then you will have to settle for the Fastloops, and live with the worse framerate that it will give you.

I fixed the file you gave me using Fastloops, BTW. I probably could have lowered it to use one Fastloop, but I didn't. It should work okay, though. Enjoy!
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    Well, MMF2's object selection is terrible, so there isn't any other way to my knowledge. Fastloops are slower (and potentially less reliable) than ForEach loops. The ForEach object works with most runtimes, so there aren't really any problems with using it. If the personal reasons make using it impossible, then you will have to settle for the Fastloops, and live with the worse framerate that it will give you.

I fixed the file you gave me using Fastloops, BTW. I probably could have lowered it to use one Fastloop, but I didn't. It should work okay, though. Enjoy!
    Thank you very much! Works perfect!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just curious, how would the foreach version of this look like?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you wondering? Do you not know how the ForEach object works? Or are you new to using it? If it is just that you are new to using it, then I can make you a simple example. If it isn't, then I will get to work on it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just new in using it and would be nice to see what mistakes i'm making

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, then, could you tell me what you are trying to do, then? Or make a simple example of what you are trying to do? Or is it that you are trying to convert the example I just shared to use the ForEach object?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, i just have tried to convert it, the best thing to learn is look at some good example

i've tried it and in my version they always got the same flag (on/off) for every object...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast