User Tag List

Thread: Color Replace For the Entire Frame?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Color Replace For the Entire Frame?

Is there an object, extension, or roundabout way of replacing the palette of all the backdrop objects in the frame, or on the screen, with one palette? Say if there are green/brown trees, yellow/green grass, blue flowers, red enemies and playable character etc etc, is there a way to render it so that the entire screen, background and all, would have a Game Boy palette or similarly low-res selection of colors?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A pixel shader might work, though manually drawing them to look the way you want would be even better.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an appropriate pixel shader that would reduce the on-screen color depth to a palette of 4 colors? (Or perhaps the background objects get a palette and the foreground/active objects get a separate palette?) If not, how would I go about creating one?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some palette shaders, but they don't do what you want. Instead, they change specific colors/colors you choose to be other specific colors, which lets you swap palettes in real time. It might be difficult to make a shader that does what you want, but I could see if I can do it anyway, even though I don't have much knowledge in making pixel shaders...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be aiming to make it look like a game boy, complete with greenish appearance.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that's really cool of you, to go out of your way to do this. I don't really have a complex understanding of pixel shaders; would the colors for this kind of shader be a locked-in selection, or do they rely on an imported palette that the user could edit, or what?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that I did it! I made the shader you wanted. It doesn't have dithering, though I might be able to figure out how to do it eventually. Anyway, enjoy! It is partially based off of the example monochrome shader, so it isn't 100% mine, but it is pretty much mine. I've attached the shader and an example file. Enjoy!
    Attached files Attached files