Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: audio sync

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

audio sync

so this is an issue i see all the time with games done in mmf2 exported to SWFs and it is an issue that has always plagued me : sound clips are always very delayed when being played in games that are exported to SWFs.

disabling the forced frequency seems to help it out slightly but there is always a pretty decent delay and it's very obnoxious to deal with. are there any solutions to this at all?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it only happen the first time a sound is played? I don't have any sound delay issues in my games, but if it only happens the first time a sound is played, then I think I have a solution...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's every single time a sound is played. can i see an example of your game not having an issue with delay on sound cues because no joke, any game i've seen done with mmf2 i know is done with it thanks to delay that gets added by the swf exporter with sounds.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is strange. I don't have any delays on my end either. Can you post an example of the issue so we can test it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: scratch all of this i suppose. mmf2's conversions and methods seem to add delays, after converting file types and adjusting frequencies and other options and limiting the file sizes heavily i managed to get it down to having next to no delay. i guess i see it often because people just leave it on default and take in WAV files.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Never heard any delay in sounds ever with the SWF runtime.
    This maybe due to the sampling frequency of your sounds. Have you tried changing it (try 20000)...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously? i have major issues with sound delay, all mp3 converters i tried add a short delay to the beginning, so if anyone know which settings to use and how to convert sound files without adding delay, i am extremely interested to know.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that the sound files don't have silence at the beginning of the clip? I've never had an issue with this, but if you have a "fade in" on your sound, that could be causing a problem or make it seem like there is a delay.

Just out of curiosity, what events are you using to play the sounds?

I know that I have trouble running things if I have over 200 events, so excessive events could also be part of the problem.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having the same delay problem. The sounds play with a noticeable delay. With a simple key tap the sound will play delayed to about the point where you lift your finger up, causing a kind of off beat feel which is very noticeable. Maybe a quarter of a second. This happens with the standard MMF2 samples and I use the standard 'play sample' event. This makes any kind of rhythm game impossible and generally looses a lot of a game's 'punchlines'. Weird that some people are having problems and some not. I assumed it was a problem with the flash format and not mmf2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i retract what i had said as the sounds are still delayed and very inconsistently, one plays maybe 10ms after the event should be triggering it while another plays about 20ms after. lowering quality and the frequency of the source sound has helped but there is still a decent delay added on.

Are you sure that the sound files don't have silence at the beginning of the clip?
    yes because when tested within mmf2 the sounds trigger perfect and as soon as the event calls for it. for flash i would expect maybe a minor delay to call for a sound playing but it's far too much of a delay when mmf2 exported applications ever attempt it.

Weird that some people are having problems and some not.
    i have to question this because any mmf2 exported game to an SWF format i have tried has always had some delay added for sounds so maybe some people just don't notice it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast