User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ini files with flash SWF?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that without the AppPath$ the ini files are not saved in the same folder as the .exe/.swf files, instead they are saved in the folders I mention above.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want both the EXE and the SWF version of your Application to save the INI files in the same location?

You can choose the loaction in the EXE version, but im pretty sure you dont have a choice in the SWF version ( INIs are saved in a fixed location which you cannont change as far as i know )

EDIT: You may be able to move the INI file to another location whenever you dont need to Read or Write to it, by using the FileObject...
    But is sounds like a hazzle
    Ops, scratch that, there is no File Object for SWF Applications

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is I need the file to be placed in a shared dropbox folder, (so that several people/computers can run the same database file while running independent SWF files on each computer) so if the ini is placed in a fixed folder on my computer then I'm in trouble since the other people wont have access to it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, interesting idea
    That sux however, i think this is a limitation with Flash however and not MMF2s fault

Long shot, but maybe this might give you some ideas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_shared_object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagi View Post
    The thing is I need the file to be placed in a shared dropbox folder, (so that several people/computers can run the same database file while running independent SWF files on each computer) so if the ini is placed in a fixed folder on my computer then I'm in trouble since the other people wont have access to it.
    Well, you can't do that with Flash. It would have to be an EXE file if you wanted it to do that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dredging up an old thread because i can't figure out where my ini file is being written. When i play via EXE my INI file works great. When i play via SWF, the INI file has some of my data, but not all of it! I just want to look at the file to know for sure what's going on. I don't specify a path for the ini file, as previously mentioned (above in the thread) there is no need to provide a path, so i don't.. I just give it a name. can't find the file anywhere.

thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Edit: Nevermind, i found the location (as posted above its in the #localWithNet folder...

Now i can see that i should be using groups as this should make it easier... so i'll test it with groups and try again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2