User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DavidN's Fastloop custom movement question (horizontal speed)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DavidN's Fastloop custom movement question (horizontal speed)

I have incorporated only all the basics of DavidN's fastloop custom movement engine (gravity and horizontal movement, no acceleration or anything)

I am wondering how I can more finely adjust the horizontal movement speed of the character. I have it at +2 and -2 at the moment which is too fast, but changing those both to 1's makes the movement too slow, and having decimal points after 1 makes no difference (I guess because the number is referring to pixels and you can only have whole numbers for those?)

Perhaps it has something to do with the line of code - "Set X position of Player to X("Player") + (Horiz("Player")/ABS(Horiz("Player")))" ?

Thanks for any help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that you can't set values to be a decimal number without setting it through the event editor. If you just set it in the object's properties, then it won't work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what you mean.

For clarification, here is the engine: http://www.clickteam.info/davidn/games/plattutorial/
    And the lines of code I am referring to when I mention I have the horizontals set at +2 and -2 are these:

+ Repeat while player presses Right
    -> Set Horiz("Player") to 3

+ Repeat while player presses Left
    -> Set Horiz("Player") to -3

For my game those numbers are way too fast, but having both of them at 2 is still too fast, and 1 is waaaay too slow. So I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the DavidN's code/engine would be able to tell me what I could alter to adjust the character speed to more accurately to something I want?

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I forgot how the engine worked. I guess it doesn't work with decimal numbers properly. I think it works with decimals after acceleration is added, but I'm not sure...

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since you can't move at subpixel speed, I think your best bet would be to use the value of 2 for the Horiz, but change how often it is applied. Right now I'm sure it's set to perform each time the fastloop runs, but what if you added a "every 0,01 seconds" limit to it? I haven't tried it, but that ought to slow it down a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will try it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added "every 0,01 seconds" to the on loop event but it didnt do much difference, and once I changed it to 0,02 or higher the movement started getting jerky.

Any other way to solve this issue? I am running my game in a low res (384x216) hence the reason I need to get a lower speed than whats in the davidN example, but its awkward how changing the horizontal add and subtract values between 1 and 2 is such a huge speed difference. There must we a way to be able to tune it more finely.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macaw - You could try messing around with the frame rate in the applications properties, eg if it's currently 50fps and using +1 for speed, try changing the frame rate to 60 or 70 fps, or change speed to +2 and use a lower frame rate, eg 30fps. Alternatively add your decimal value to an Alt Val and then apply that to the x,y position. The Alt Vals will store the decimal value so you should be able to tweak it more finely, although it may result in your character moving fast then slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to contact DavidN directly on the issue and he gave me a solution.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would share the solution with us?

Thanks,
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast