User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flash URL Bug

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash URL Bug

Hi,
    I am having a weird problem when I try to open a url in a new window using the Flash object. It causes the swf to freeze. This occurs on one of my frames. Opening the url is one of the only events on the frame so it does not seem to conflict with anything else. The exact same event works on another screen and does not cause freezing. I recently downloaded the Android exporter, so I'm wondering if this is causing the conflict. Please help if you have any ideas. It really makes no sense to me. Thanks,
    Brett

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have just checked, the code of the Flash object have not changed since a year. I'll do some checking.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Francois,
    I was wondering if the Android exporter might be conflicting with Flash. Is it possible that I missed a step? Also, which Flash build should I install? The most recent I saw was a release candidate. Is this stable? Thanks,
    Brett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yves will soon post a new version of the exporter in the Flash owner lounge forum. We will see if it works with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Francois,
    The problem is quite bizarre. The link works perfectly in the exe version. Also, I made a direct link to the problem frame from the title frame (frame 1), so that if you press "1" you can go directly to the problem frame. The link works correctly when this is done, even in Flash. But, if you play the game normally in Flash, when you get to the problem frame, the link will not work, and it causes the entire game to freeze and you can't move on. I have attached a link to the mfa and to the SWF file. Perhaps you have some insight into what is happening. Thanks,
    Brett
    Link to MFA:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcj9gac8jy...nteractive.mfa
    Link to SWF:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rfdxmsgj7...nteractive.swf

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flash Player is for flash and should not work with the regular exe, so... Am I wrong about that? I thought it was completely ignored. I always use a separate function to launch the user's default web browser when using a standard build.

Downloading the file now to see what you're doing...

Got it.

First of all, I wouldn't use "clicking on the active system box" as the condition, though it's probably okay, there could be some issues with that. I have had weird issues with the Active System box, especially when there is more than one. Switch to "user clicks within a zone" instead. Much safer. Second of all, you should be using the Flash URL extension, because the regular Flash Player object is going to be blocked on portals like Newgrounds and Kongregate.

I would recommend reading my sticky post that says "The Flash URL Extension Still Works" and follow my instructions exactly for the best chances of successful url launches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK If have found why it does not work : you have to put "http://" at the start of the URL you want to open. I check for this when opening external links.
    I have tried, with it, it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them soon. I appreciate the help.
    Brett

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i noticed the flash url object can sometimes crash mmf, not sure how to reproduce accurately since it doesn't always happen, but happened on double click and when copying to another frame, and plausibly other ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    OK If have found why it does not work : you have to put "http://" at the start of the URL you want to open. I check for this when opening external links.
    I have tried, with it, it works.
    Hi Francois,
    The URL has http:// at the start but still does not work. The problem always occurs if you play the game normally but never occurs if you skip directly to the frame in question. I cannot imagine why this would happen. I will try the Flash URL extension next to see if it works. Thanks,
    Brett

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast