User Tag List

Thread: How to create a child lock function?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to create a child lock function?

For my game I need a child lock function, so when a kid is pressing the home button, it can not go directly back to the home screen and accidentally call other people etc. In newer android versions it is not possible to disable the home button directly. However, some apps bypass this problem by replacing the default home launcher I think.

I found this snippet:

Intent selector = new Intent("android.intent.action.MAIN");
    selector.addCategory("android.intent.category.HOME ");
    selector.setComponent(new ComponentName("android", "com.android.internal.app.ResolverActivity"));
    startActivity(selector);

Can somebody show me how exactly I would adopt this code into mmf?

Start of Frame -> Intent (outgoing) -> Start intent with chooser -> "android.intent.action.MAIN" and then...?

Maybe somebody knows a better solution?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised.. There should be an option added in the android object or ignore home button on the run-time there is an ignore back button. You may be able to program an ignore on incoming intent. Don't know the intent command for home button press tho.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but newer android versions don't allow disabling the home button directly because of possible malware exploitation. But there is an allowed way to create a home button child lock anyway without disabling the home button directly. Other child lock apps use it. At first start of the app the user have to accept that the home button is used for a home screen app instead of the android home screen (only valid for this app). This home screen app could be the main menu of the game.

The question is: How can I implement it into an MMF-Android app? ...