User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Level editor that uses MMF2's own frame editor

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Shawn. I will be adding this to my website.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you gerald, me personally I like the idea of just having the levels saved in frames for you to look at and tweak on a whim. As long as you hang on to your levels you make, you really don't need to be able to load the level from a file into the editor anyway. You could even save your levels in an entirely separate file. Just create a new application, copy your frame you made, then save it in that. It's pretty simple really.

I am going to go back and add the level size to be saved, I think that's a pretty major thing that needs to be in there. I'm also going to look at adding some simple objects as you mentioned to accompany the backdrops, and record layer position too. I probably won't go too crazy with it unless I decide to make a fully functioning game out of this for people to tinker with. But if the basic building blocks are there, it's easy to add onto it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I think your onto a really good thing here Shawn.
    Look forward to seeing the update.

One more thing...I understand why you choose to use the ini++, but if I'm not mistaken (and I probably am) that is not ported over to any of the exporters? So would the ini not be a better choice for this reason? (again, just a thought)

BTW: this is perfect timing for me as I may use this method in my new project

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it's is of some use for you! I was thinking about the ini issue the other day. I think you're right that ini++ isn't compatible with exporters. I know it doesn't work in Flash so I imagine the others are the same. One thing though is I've never tried packing in external files and reading data from that before. From what I understand, with iOS, etc you aren't able to include external files with it (though you can save data using ini). Am I completely wrong on that? I was under the impression you had to pack in the external files into the exe somehow, but not sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, up to 1.3 now. I changed to the regular ini object in case there are compatibility concerns. You can use the Blowfish object for encryption if you need it. Switching the events back to ini++ isn't difficult, same basic syntax, just different input methods. It stores level size and re-sizes the level on loading so you don't have to set it manually anymore. I added support for layers, and I also added a coin object as a simple example for placing interactive objects. I cranked up the maximum number of objects from 500 to 10,000 so you shouldn't have any issues of hitting that limit.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy! Cant wait to test it out when I get home from work
    Thanx for sharing this with all of us Shawn.....you are awesome!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shawn - Yes, you can include external files with iOS exporter, either using Data Elements > Binary Files or by adding them to the XCode project manually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AyreGuitar View Post
    Shawn - Yes, you can include external files with iOS exporter, either using Data Elements > Binary Files or by adding them to the XCode project manually.
    Okay that's good news. Glad I switched it back to the regular ini. The only reason I even used ini++ was for encryption and there's already other objects to handle that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gerald999 View Post
    Oh boy! Cant wait to test it out when I get home from work
    Thanx for sharing this with all of us Shawn.....you are awesome!
    Np! I think this is probably the first really useful thing I've posted in ages lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works like a charm!

One question..Global Values 7 and 8 were you gonna use these, what was there purpose gonna be (as if I can't guess)? They don't appear to be useful?

I may have have couple more suggestions on this but not right now (I want to try a few things first) besides you worked hard on this and deserve a break (From me )

Thanx again for this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerald999 View Post
    Works like a charm!

One question..Global Values 7 and 8 were you gonna use these, what was there purpose gonna be (as if I can't guess)? They don't appear to be useful?

I may have have couple more suggestions on this but not right now (I want to try a few things first) besides you worked hard on this and deserve a break (From me )

Thanx again for this!
    Oh I totally forgot I still had those in there lol. I meant to remove them. The idea I had for that which I ditched, was if you used the layer object, you could save different scrolling coefficients for your layers and the level would set those on loading. So if you wanted parallax on one level, but not another, you could just switch that. I think the layer object is available for different runtimes, but I wasn't sure (it's available in Flash apparently).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast